Great new Mac Feature - Get bible verses directly in Pages!

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 31
Clive Walters | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 1:35 PM

Bob Rockhill:

Hmmm, I tried the copy Bible verse feature, but it brought up the Online Bible, which I don't even have anymore. It was just blank. How do I get it to switch over to Logos instead?

Just a quick observation on Online Bible (which is brilliant, but not as all encompassing as Logos).

It has a Command-7 feature which allows the verse(s) selected (even if only part is selected) and then Online Bible offers a list of open apps for destination, to which your selection then switches to your cursor location in that app. A simple paste completes the process.

So what you are experiencing is the Command-7 still being attached to Online Bible. 

As reported above, changing the system settings in System Preferences should resolve this to your choice.

Clive

Posts 54
Mark A. Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 5:06 PM

Melissa Snyder:

We are looking into this issue and will update this thread when we have more information.

Follow up:   Garry, Mark, and Michael -- What version of Mac OS are you running and what version of Parallels?  I'm not able to reproduce the problem with Mac 10.6.6 and Parallels 6.0.11994. 

Melissa, I have the same versions of Mac (10.6.6) and Parallels (6.0.11994).

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 7:57 PM

I have the same version of Mac (10.6.6) and Parallels (6.0.11994) and the same problem with Logos opening in Parallels instead of Logos4Mac--even when the Mac version is already open and Parallels is not.

Posts 23
Garry Vanderveen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 9:35 PM

Melissa,

I am using Mac 10.6.6 and Parallels 5.0.9344.

Thanks for looking into this for me. Greatly appreciated.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 7:29 AM

Garry Vanderveen:

I am using Mac 10.6.6 and Parallels 5.0.9344.

Mark A. Copeland:

Melissa, I have the same versions of Mac (10.6.6) and Parallels (6.0.11994).

Dan Giese:

I have the same version of Mac (10.6.6) and Parallels (6.0.11994) and the same problem with Logos opening in Parallels instead of Logos4Mac--even when the Mac version is already open and Parallels is not.

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you sharing any folders Logos 4 uses on the Mac with your Windows VM or vice versa? 

Posts 23
Garry Vanderveen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 10:40 AM

As far as I can tell (but I confess I'm quite illiterate in these matters :-)), I am not sharing any Logos 4Mac folders with my Windows VM. 

Posts 54
Mark A. Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 11:54 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you sharing any folders Logos 4 uses on the Mac with your Windows VM or vice versa? 

Not that I know of.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 2:58 PM

I know Fusion has the option to launch Windows apps from within the Mac, sort of like if you click to open a wmv file on your Mac it will launch Windows Media Player in the VM and send the file there. I assume Parallels has something similar. Try turning that off?

Posts 23
Garry Vanderveen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 3:14 PM

That did it! Thanks Chris. 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 3:37 PM

Chris Roberts:

I know Fusion has the option to launch Windows apps from within the Mac, sort of like if you click to open a wmv file on your Mac it will launch Windows Media Player in the VM and send the file there. I assume Parallels has something similar. Try turning that off?

Yes, thank you Chris. I thought I had found a setting like that in Parallels for my VM, but it was enabled and it was still working correctly for me, so there must be another setting I didn't find.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 4:16 PM

Melissa Snyder:

Chris Roberts:

Yes, thank you Chris. I thought I had found a setting like that in Parallels for my VM, but it was enabled and it was still working correctly for me, so there must be another setting I didn't find.

I'm aware of two different settings - one to share files with the VM, another to actually launch applications in the VM. You can share files without any problem, but launching applications can be an annoyance if one doesn't realize it's enabled.

Posts 54
Mark A. Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 5:49 PM

Chris Roberts:

That worked for me!  For the benefit of others, here's the steps I took to turn that option off:

Once Parallels (Windows) is loaded, on the Parallels menu bar select Virtual Machine, then Configure...

Select Applications from the menu on the left, and then make sure Share Windows Applications With Mac is unchecked.

Thanks, everyone, for the help!

Mark

Posts 20
Ed Dingess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 15 2014 6:57 AM

It does not work..and even if it did, not sure it is that much of time saver than highlighting, command c, command tab, command v...which all takes about a second anyways.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 20 2014 11:35 PM

Ed Dingess:

It does not work..and even if it did, not sure it is that much of time saver than highlighting, command c, command tab, command v...which all takes about a second anyways.

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about version of Logos (or Verbum), Pages, and OS X.

Can replicate Copy Bible Verse and Replace with Passage services not working in Pages 4.1 and Pages 5.2.2 for Verbum 5.3 Beta 1 on OS X 10.10 Public Beta 3.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 23 2014 4:34 PM

I'm running Mac OS 10.10 with Pages 5.5 and it only works for me if I 1] highlight a text [so I type in Ps 23], 2] go to the menu and 3] manually select from Pages/ Services / Replace with Passage from this menu. There is no shortcut listed there now. I disabled Copy Bible verses. But even when I had them both enabled I could not use the short cut for Replace with Text. Strange. 

EDIT: Update - I changed the shortcut and now it works :)

Posts 17
Greg Crocker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:29 AM

I'm using IMac with Yosemite OS. I checked both "Copy Bible Verses" and "Replace with Passage." Opened Pages in my Mac, typed Mark 1, then highlighted the passage and held down shift/command p, (nothing happened) then tried shift/command e (nothing happened)

Any suggestions? Thanks 

Posts 17
Greg Crocker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:34 AM

Ron, that worked, have you found a shortcut, yet? 

Posts 1827
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 24 2014 8:51 AM

Sometimes what happens is that the shortcuts conflict with other shortcuts. Shift-Command P is (at least in Pages) the shortcut for "Page Setup." Try assigning a different shortcut.

I tend to use more Control-Option-Command shortcuts because they are still easy to type, and rarely used by other apps. e.g., my shortcut for "replace with passage" is Control-Option-Command-B.

Page 3 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS