Can't find NT verses in KJV

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 18
Robert Young | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 6 2011 1:31 AM

I could not recall what chapter of Mark "He hath done all things well." So I went to my bible search. When I search KJV it will not find any NT verses. The search criteria is "Search All Bible Text in Entire Bible in KJV for"

What am I doing wrong?

Posts 23575
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 6 2011 1:48 AM

Hi Robert - and welcome to the forums.

It does work here - see shot below:

it could be a case-sensitive setting if you are starting your search string with "he" instead of "He" and if you have the search characteristics set to match case, selected in the drop-down menu at the top left of the search window

Alternatively if your system is still indexing (possibly after a recent download) some searches won't work.

Does any of this help?

Graham

Posts 18
Robert Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:01 AM

Thanks Graham, however, I could not get it to work. I even tried searching for "Jesus" and could not get any results.  Logos has only completed 4% of indexing, so maybe that is the problem.

When I change the bible version to Authorized Version, it locates the NT verses with no problem.

Posts 23575
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:09 AM

Hi Robert

Indexing is most likely the issue here - searches are not reliable while indexing is going on. It sounds like it has been going on for a long time for you!

Graham

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 6:53 AM

Robert Young:

Thanks Graham, however, I could not get it to work. I even tried searching for "Jesus" and could not get any results.  Logos has only completed 4% of indexing, so maybe that is the problem.

When I change the bible version to Authorized Version, it locates the NT verses with no problem.

You see, Logos knows when you call it by its proper name and when you're being ... common.  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS