Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 208
Paul Gisbourne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 13 2011 7:09 AM | Locked

I believe that there may be a bug on morphological searching.

I am trying to set up a visual filter to highlight the different names of God from the Hebrew text,

With the Anderson-Forbes Hebrew text, when I type 'lemma:el' I don't get a drop list of Hebrew words beginning with those letters, even though it performs the query. If i then click off the input field the drop down list appears then disappears.

With the Logos Semitic Inscriptions Morphology, when I type 'lemma:e' I get the drop down list, which doesn't appear with scroll bars....

If I type 'lemma:el' I get the following....

To get round this I performed a morph search on the lemma from right clicking on the word 'God' in Malachi 2:10 and then clicking on 'Morph Seach: אל:7'

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 11:12 AM | Locked

Paul Gisbourne:

With the Anderson-Forbes Hebrew text, when I type 'lemma:el' I don't get a drop list of Hebrew words beginning with those letters, even though it performs the query. If i then click off the input field the drop down list appears then disappears.

I'm seeing this as well in the Mac version, but not the Windows version. This may be related to the known issue of the auto-complete drop-down appearing near the bottom of the screen, as displayed in your last screenshot. It could be that it's appearing offscreen in this case. :o)   I will report this specific example, though, in case it is a different issue.

Paul Gisbourne:

With the Logos Semitic Inscriptions Morphology, when I type 'lemma:e' I get the drop down list, which doesn't appear with scroll bars....

On my Mac, the drop-down has enough room to display all 25 suggested matches without a scrollbar, but it appears in your screenshot, that a scrollbar would be necessary to see all 25. I'll include this in the report.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS