The Harvard Classics have arrived!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 15 2011 5:50 PM

Peace to you in the Lord!

*smile*

I am truly rejoicing this evening.  They downloaded just fine; and the indexing is now at 47%.

I am a big happy camper and appreciate Logos even more!  :-)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1
Shelfvof | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:29 PM

only 67 vols, no 71 vols................

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:36 PM

Shelfvof:

I believe I counted 71.  There are 50 "Non-fiction" plus 20 fiction plus 1 volume of Lectures on the Harvard Classics.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:36 PM

Shelfvof:

I may be incorrect, but I seem to recall Logos has a way of counting resources in the Library different than they are counted in the listings.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 6:37 PM

Yes, in a couple of places several volumes of Harvard were counted as one volume in Logos!

check it out!   *smile*

http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=harvard

Blessings!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9105
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 15 2011 7:33 PM

After a long wait I am glad to see these in my library. Volumes 40-42 have been combined into one resource, as have 44-45, and 46-47. That accounts the difference between the resource count and the volume count. A little confusing at first until you look deeper.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 5:32 AM

Yes, I am very glad, too.

Unfortunately, it's not available in library.logos.com yet (so I guess the same in iPhone/iPad/iPod and biblia.com).  Could be a good source for quotes and reading of the classics on the go.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 9:51 AM

Yes, I'd like it to be available on iOS as well. I'm not sure if there is always a lag between mac/pc distribution and mobile release of pre-pubs, but I hope that is all that is going on.

I checked a few pre-pubs, and I noticed that some of them explicitly indicate that they're coming to iOS, such as "Lives of the Saints." I don't think the Harvard Classics had the icon, but hopefully they'll still be made available.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS