logos crashes at sign in after reinstall on net book

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 726
Theolobias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 10:12 AM

Lutero:

I have be trying different comands in the box.

Such as update etc and I can never get any thing to show up under TOOLS, just under search

Sounds to me like the installation of L4 hasn't been processed correctly, there must be some files missing or messed up, not quite sure. Before installing L4 all over again on your netbook, did you make sure to delete all possible left files and folders belonging to L4? Sorry that I can't be of more help, just trying to figure out your problem with what I would be looking at first ... I hope some of the Logos techs can help you next week in case the problem shouldn't be solved until then.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.5GHz, 2.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon XPress 1250 | theolobias.de

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 10:30 AM

I will try to uninstall it again and search the computer for leftover files and give it another go around.  Thanks for your help. Tom

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 19 2011 8:19 PM

Lutero:

Such as update etc and I can never get any thing to show up under TOOLS, just under search

It might be due to the Spanish UI. but if your resources are backed up in E:\Resources

scan E:\Resources 

should work.

You should refer to Tech Support if your next attempt doesn't work.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:51 PM

Did not work,  Emailed Tech Support, I am out of the US so calling then and being put on hold is out of the question. 

I am not really happy at the moment with the "GREAT" friendly support that is only open to people in the US who can call free on the 800 number. 

If tech support was nice enough to not just respond to the ones on the phone but there back log of emails may be I would feel less sarcastic about some aspects of Logos. 

I have tried everything I know, reinstall (never past the log in stage (of stage one),  Turning off my K-9 web filter (even though all of Logos sites were all ready in the allow site list.  Use ing Windows up date and updating everything.

It is extremly frustrating that i have not recived any attention from Logos ( OWN THE LEADERS PACKAGE and the ACADEMIC PACKAGE en Spanish plus numerous unlocks, been a logos client  for over 10 years),

If they expect to get praise from the Hispanic comunity it seems they could do better instead.

Furstrated in Chiapas,   AKA  Don Tomas

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 4:03 PM

Lutero:
It is extremly frustrating that i have not recived any attention from Logos

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Logos in the forum, so I created a wiki bug page that should direct their attention to you. For future reference, please start your problem title with BUG: or CRASH: (but "logos crashes" should have been sufficient).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 7:21 AM

Dave, thanks for the GOOD advice on how to start the thread.  I see now that it did not get the attention it needed to my haste.  Thanks again for you help.

PS, It is still not solved.  Do any of the Logos Tech work with Skype?

Thanks again

!Dios Le Bendiga Siempre!

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 7:47 AM

Tom:
PS, It is still not solved.  Do any of the Logos Tech work with Skype?

You could email tech@logos.com and ask.

Have you seen this?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 9:19 AM

Dave in responce to "Have you seen this".  Yes I have been trying to get their Discount Cal. to give me a upgrade price, but as seem par of the course for me lately, it (the site) will not give me a price.  Being out of the country and logos not being Skype friendly, it is importante that they get their web site working rightt for the international clientes.  I had the same problem using the spanish updater last year when I update graded to a higher level spanish collection.   Logos does not seem capable of handing my English and Spanish upgradesd to Logos4.  I have been using Logos4 in spanish since the begining (it allways had a spanish interface).  I was promoting the libronix collection among the pastors in our preb. here in Chiapas.  But so far with my experiences with Logos4 (being internet dependent and not spanish friendly at points I still can not recomend it to my brothers in Christ here in Chiapas. Thanks, Tom

PS.  Got a Email from Support, sent them my Phone Number, still waiting for the call to fix the install problem.  Phone just rang, on still no luck.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:45 AM

Tom:
I have been trying to get their Discount Cal. to give me a upgrade price

I wouldn't bother with that if I were you. Just e-mail them and ask for a price. The price you'll get on the upgrade page will almost certainly be higher than the one you'll get from Sales. My last upgrade would have cost me more than $200 more if I'd bought it on the webpage...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 10:31 AM

Hi Dave, thanks for your concern and the wiki page,  I got some help from logos support, but they really got no where, and it looks like they gave up on me after a few calls! 

Tech seems to have taking a breakSleep  to help others with an eaiser problem. My Problem it is turning out to be, is not easy to fix

I still have the same problem.Sad  I have reinstalled it countless times, using the windows xp add / remove program.

Logos4 is still not fully installed on the netbook.

Any ideas?  Tom

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:01 PM

They found me againBig SmileBig Smile  Someone saw my privious post.Embarrassed

A problem was that my emails being sent to (Logos Tech) were being directed to the Junk email folder by mistake.Surprise

My instalation on the NetBook still is not fixed but is is being worked on.Big Smile

An step in the right directions is a good step.Smile

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 7:21 PM

Tom:
An step in the right directions is a good step.Smile

Thanks for that Tom. I hope you will soon be able to report Good News.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 9:22 PM

fgh Thanks for the advice, I took it, sent sales a email telling what I wanted, and asking prices.

I also included my phone number as dialed from the states, then they CALLED ME about 15 later Big Smile

Thanks again and may God Bless Yor Big Smile

PS.  Say where do I find out how to make your quotes look nice like yours?  Confused

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 9:29 PM

Dave, thanks for your sugestions and help.Yes

Say, how do you put your footer into all of your posts?  Where is the page that will lead me to info?

Oh by the way, when I first saw the info on your computer specs, I though you were taking about your lawn tractor and grandson?  My Dad and Mom liked to take pictures of my boys on there little JohnDear.  Good PhotoYes

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:23 AM

Hi Tom

Tom:
PS.  Say where do I find out how to make your quotes look nice like yours?  Confused

For quotes, please see http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Reply_post_editor

Graham

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 12:25 AM

Tom:
Say, how do you put your footer into all of your posts?  Where is the page that will lead me to info?

Hi Tom

This is done by using the signature field. For a recent discussion of this - with pointers to how to do it - please see http://community.logos.com/forums/p/30857/228707.aspx#228707

Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 2:44 AM

Dave Hooton:

Lutero:

It might be due to the Spanish UI. but if your resources are backed up in E:\Resources

scan E:\Resources 

should work.

Wonder if  escanear E:\Resources  works using Spanish UI ?

Used http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/escanear to reverse check scan translation to spanish.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 6:48 AM

Tom:
fgh Thanks for the advice

Glad to be of help.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 10:05 AM

Hi Graham. 

Thanks for the pointers, I will master this forum posting thing yetSmile

Graham Criddle:

Hi Tom

Tom:

For quotes, please see http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Reply_post_editor

Graham

See I am doing better! 

But Pride Comes Be For The Fall (or crash)

Thanks, Tom

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:13 PM

Well done....Smile

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS