Best macbook to run parallels and win7 logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 44
Douglas W. Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 21 2011 6:02 AM

Hi, we have a really old notebook on its last legs and probably need to consider upgrading.

We are slowly becoming a mac family.

but we need to run both mac and windows

So, what macbook would have speed enough to run parallels and win 7 logos 4 as well as onenote/office 2010?

Without breaking the bank. lol

Posts 2771
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 7:48 AM

Any of the 15" or 17" of the latest 2011 intros should do the trick. You want the most RAM 8GB and preferably the better discrete graphics card and faster drive (7200) or an SSD. Yes this would raise the price of admission, but you would be able to run anything you want. Running virtual setups has an added overhead. 

I should note that you could probably buy a viable separate WIn notebook for about the same expense. Or do Remote Desktop to a separate Win box.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2868
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 8:35 PM

Since I don't believe there is a machine that can adequately run Logos 4 Mac, I will reserve my comments about the MBPro 15 for all other tasks. It is FAST!!!!! That is except when running Logos. But at everything else it does it is very very nice! If you can get a faster hard drive do. I did it myself by adding the Seagate Momentus XT (did a full review/howto on the upgrade, just hit the notebooks linke below) and 8GB of RAM. And with that you can run Parallels and possibly get faster Logos 4 Win. I'm going to be testing that out once I get it fully set up. Taking literally all day to install and run indexing.

Posts 82
Andrew Hanson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2011 10:08 PM

I have a new 15' MBP with a 2.3 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, and a 750 GB 5400 RPM HDD, and Logos runs like a bat out of h*ll on it. It lags in no way. The searches and UI are super fast. Word-by-Word is done in a matter of seconds. I highly recommend the latest MBP.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS