Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 1:04 PM

Tes:
The dropBox is on my Ipad ,what should I do in my PC inorder the decument to show up on my Ipad?

You must also install DropBox on the PC and copy any files you want to access on the iPad into the DropBox folder on the PC. I keep all my files in my DropBox folder and always save them there so that they are always backed up and always available on all of my computers and on my iPad.

All your DropBox questions answered here: https://www.dropbox.com/help

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 2:20 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Tes:
The dropBox is on my Ipad ,what should I do in my PC inorder the decument to show up on my Ipad?

You must also install DropBox on the PC and copy any files you want to access on the iPad into the DropBox folder on the PC. I keep all my files in my DropBox folder and always save them there so that they are always backed up and always available on all of my computers and on my iPad.

All your DropBox questions answered here: https://www.dropbox.com/help

But note: for the file(s) to be available offline, you must also mark them as favourites.

I preached from iPad today for first time - went OK (had paper for backup this morning but did not bother in the evening!). I did not use it to read scriptures, just for notes (although my notes usually include references outside the passage being preached).

Soon got used to it - using iBooks from a PDF it was just like using paper in fact.

I did my notes in Word, 18 point text, 1.25 line spacing, 9 point leading, A4 paper with 1cm margins all round  - then printed to PDF & loaded from Dropbox into iBooks. I suspect the main issue is really is ensuring no screen glare from pulpit lighting (I was preaching at another church and had to ensure my iPad was on the RHS of the lecturn rather than the LHS!)

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 986
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:23 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Dudley C. Rose:

Scott Coffman:

I write my sermons on Pages and then export them to an epub file. Drag it into itunes, sync and it will be in ibooks. If you put the sermon date at the top of your notes each week formatted as a title then it will start a new chapter titled with that Sunday's date. I like being able to have each sermon in a series in one book. The only downside is you cannot add to it at the last minute but you can highlight and make a note. I include all my scripture and anything else I'll need in my notes. you can adjust the font in ibooks.

I, too, get my sermon into an ePub.  In my case I write it in Word on the computer, save it as a filtered HTML file and convert it to an ePub in Calibre (free).  I upload the ePub to a neat iPad reader called iFlow (free).  iFlow is a scrolling reader, like some above, but you can set it to scroll itself.  You have precise control over the flow speed, and you can easily manually move the text if you start to get ahead or behind.  When you let it go, the auto-scrolling simply resumes at the previous speed. It essentially works as a teleprompter.  What I like about this setup is that I can make the font very large within iFlow, set it going, and be more or less hands free and able to move a ways from the iPad and still read the large text.  I also use Voice Recorder HD (another iPad app, $1.99), set it to record before I begin, and then record the sermon in the background.  The sound reproduction is excellent.  I convert the audio file to an MP3 for posting/podcasting.  I've tried a number of other ways of preaching from the iPad, all with pretty good results, but this one works the best for me,  better than a printed manuscript, too.

Dudley

Very cool!

Agreed!  And thanks for tip about Calibre.

Posts 2910
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 3:53 AM

Thank you it works.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:02 AM

Is there a way (an app?) to split the screen between Bible text and notes (in PDF, doc or any other format)? 

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 28 2011 11:48 AM

Olive Tree's BibleReader does a split screen with Bible on one side and notes on the other. You can sync the notes with OT's website or with Evernote or both. I have been creating my sermon notes, study notes and lesson ideas in notes attached to the Scripture. I can sync it to Evernote. Open the note on my notebook in Evernote and add it while using L4 on my notebook for study. Sync up on notebook and then BibleReader and I am off.

Works for me! Sample found below.

Jim

Posts 1
Guy Washington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 10:44 AM

Grace & peace to one & all! I've just discovered 2 very useful tools that are providing just what I was looking for to use on my iPad. The first tool is Bible Reader 5 for iPad. This app has a split screen function so you can have your bible text in one column and your sermon notes in the other column. As a pastor, I use this for bible studies & sermons. Nothing beats Logos but this app is definitely worth looking into & you will find other, very helpful features in it as well. The second tool that is proving very valuable to use on iPad is Google Docs. This actually provides a free means to access & make use of word processing documents & spreadsheets on your iPad! Google Docs has enabled me to forego the purchasing of costly word processing apps. Hope this helps. Shalom!

Bishop GW

Posts 16
Letitia Shen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 8:41 PM

Well, just so you all know, I did not see anyone preach from an ipad, but I did see them play a piano.  For some reason the ipad knew when to turn the page.  It was weird.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS