Battling to get Logos 4 working on my Laptop; please advise.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:02 AM

Hi all and thank you for your valued support.

I have Logos 4 running beautifully on my PC and decided to install also on my Laptop, which has the following configuration: (I am sure it meets the minimum required specs.)

XP Prof SP3
Intel Pentium with 1.6GHz (I cannot see what Pentium Version it is)
1.25GB RAM

Upon launching Logos 4, the screen gets stuck on the Login screen. Few minutes later ... It now presents me with a black blank screen. Does this mean my Laptop does not really meet the minimum requirements?

Thank you so long. I hope you have good news. Big Smile

Regards,

Deon

Johannesburg, South Africa

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:06 AM

Deon,

1.25GB RAM could be quite a challenge for L4, but I think it should meet the minimum requirement. However, I could imagine this causes L4 to take extremely long to start. How long have you waited for the Login screen to disappear?

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:21 AM

Deon Holtzhausen:

Hi all and thank you for your valued support.

I have Logos 4 running beautifully on my PC and decided to install also on my Laptop, which has the following configuration: (I am sure it meets the minimum required specs.)

XP Prof SP3
Intel Pentium with 1.6GHz (I cannot see what Pentium Version it is)
1.25GB RAM

Upon launching Logos 4, the screen gets stuck on the Login screen. Few minutes later ... It now presents me with a black blank screen. Does this mean my Laptop does not really meet the minimum requirements?

Thank you so long. I hope you have good news. Big Smile

Regards,

Deon

Here are the min. requirements as stated by Logos:

• Pentium 4 1 GHz (or AMD equivalent- 1.3 GHz or higher)
  • 1 GB RAM (2GB for Windows 7 & Vista)
  • Windows XP SP3
  • DVD drive
  • 12 GB hard drive space on local drive (May require additional space depending on your library).
  • 1024X600 Display
  • 256 MB DirectX 9 graphics device
  • Internet connection required for activation & updates

My laptop has a very hard time running L4, and it has at lest double the requirements as stated by Logos.

I too get the black screen quite often (when I start L4, when I click on search, when I click...). 

What you are experiencing is normal L4 behavior for a pc.

Posts 2704
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 12:18 PM

I'm running XP and Logos 4 very well on 2GB of RAM with Pentium Dual Core. I think 1.25GB is a bit optimistic unless you have nothing else going at the same time. Add more RAM if you can.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 22 2011 1:02 PM

Deon,

With those specs alone perhaps - but what about the graphics capability.  The black login screen indicates a video issue.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 138
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 9:13 AM

Hi everyone and thank you for all your replies.

I have decided to rather install Lybronix on my Laptop.

Thank you one and all again.

Deon

Johannesburg, South Africa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS