Using Logos 4 for Academic

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Eric Fary | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 23 2011 10:58 PM

Hi Logos Community,

If you are taking Seminary Classes, use the Logos Library by Search.  Most likely, if you have a Library specifically with Early Church Fathers, don't go out and buy print books, it wil save you money.  Also, pagination is a big deal on homework assignments.

Take a look.

http://www.screencast.com/users/calaggie38/folders/Default/media/813c4180-c675-4db8-b2b1-58be84d4502f

Posts 19045
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:40 PM

Thanks for sharing that video, Eric. I think you would have found what you'd been searching for if you'd typed Eusebius or Euse* rather than Eusibus or Eusi*. The couple of places where it was spelled Eusibius which you did find are probably typos. The sad thing is that much of your video from about 1:55 to the end is about you struggling to figure out why you're not finding the word when you knew it was there the last time you looked. I felt badly for you. I wonder if you might want to redo the video because of this unfortunate distraction. Other than that, it's definitely good to encourage people on how they can use Logos to read their seminary textbooks instead of buying them in print. And great point about the pagination. You might want to show people how they can turn on the visual page numbers if you're going to redo the video. Sorry about that. I don't want to make you have to do more work; you've already done a great thing!

Posts 30
Eric Fary | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 12:22 AM

Thanks Rosie. 

I cut out the 2 minutes of wasted time, still need to change EusEbius to correct!!

Thanks,

Eric

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS