update problems

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 138
Steve Caswell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 23 2011 11:58 PM

Hi, Recently my computer crashed. I have since purchased a new computer and started the huge task of downloading my various programs. I downloaded my Logos 4 Scholars Gold library from a disc that I recieved when I purchased it. It is 4.0c version. The trouble is that it doesn't want to update it to the latrest version. When I ask it to update now it just says that no updates are available. I have the program settings set to yes for update resources and to use the internet.  I am also missing 260 or so books from my library. This is probably because it doesn't want to download updates or index my library. My new computer is an Intel 310ghz Quad core with 1 Terabite hard drive and 8 gb of ram. I am running windows 7 on the computer with office proffessional 2007. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your interest.

Steve Caswell

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 24 2011 1:41 AM

Stephen,

Try to download and install the latest release of L4 from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe. You might want to uninstall your existing L4 installation before this.

If you're still having issues after that, please activate Diagnostic Logging for L4 and upload your logs to this thread and / or Tech Support.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 138
Steve Caswell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 2:31 PM

Thanks for the advice on how to get the latest version of Logos 4. I ran the newer update script as you suggested and presto it started to download my missing resources and the latest5 version of Logos 4. Thanks again much appreciated. I have been setting up the computer and it rally hums along. I look forward to using it in my sutdies.

Steve Caswell

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 25 2011 3:46 PM

Glad I could be of help, Steven! Enjoy Logos 4!

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS