Favorite Links

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 24 2011 5:18 PM

As I am becoming more converstant in the use of Logos 4, I find myself augmenting the tools with internet resources as I am sure most users here are way ahead of me on that front.

What are your favorite links/websites you use for bible study.

I have a book that I reference that to my delight I found in the public domain Typology of Scripture by  Patrick Fairbairn

http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1854_fairbairn_typology.html

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:02 AM

The websites I use most often in conjunction with Logos are:

Google

Wikipedia

Google Books

Amazon.com (the "Look Inside!" feature)

The Text This Week

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:40 AM

Thanks - I added "The Text this week" to my bookmarks

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 11:08 AM

I have used Theopedia from time to time, but I am not sure if it has advantages over Wikipedia.

Main Page - Theopedia, an encyclopedia of Biblical Christianity

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:53 PM

Another Christian wiki I found out about recently is WikiChristian. I haven't spent a huge amount of time exploring it yet, but it's got a great set of pages on technology and Christianity, mostly by Matthew C. Clarke, who gave a talk on technology in the Bible at BibleTech. Of particular interest (to me, at least) is Technology in the Bible (themes and evaluations) and the page it links to, Biblical references to technology (the raw data).

I have tons of other Bible Study websites bookmarked in my browser (BibleGateway, Bible Study Tools, Biblos, Blue Letter Bible, StudyLight, Unbound Bible, etc.), but to be honest I haven't been using any of them lately since Logos supersedes them all.

Here are some other sites which complement rather than competing with Logos are these. These are not all strictly for Bible study, but some are on church history, etc.

Posts 1129
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 2:09 PM

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/

For those who are interested in course material.  Downloadable and free or donation based.

Mounce's Greek Tools for Bible study (6 hours of teaching) can be very handy.

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:33 PM

Thanks Rosie and Joan - I bookmarked them all so that I can go back and peruse them - Lot's of good launching points

Larry

Posts 26012
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 3:48 PM

The top of my list where it doesn't appear to overlap Rosie:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 490
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:52 PM

MJ. Smith -

Thanks as well - When I originally posted this question there was no response, and I thought the thread would die -  

Posts 742
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 5 2012 2:21 PM

I would add:

http://www.monergism.com/  Lots of links to articles and a separate page for mp3 links (expect Reformed theology)

http://www.blueletterbible.org/ Online Bibles; good section with audio content; iPad & iPod apps

I also use iTunesU extensively.  It can be accessed from Apple devices or from the free iTunes application from Windows.  From Windows the material can be moved to Android devices. 

The "U" if iTunesU is for university.  There is serious university courses here.  I have downloaded math and electrical engineering courses from MIT and UC Berkely.  For Biblical material I have found courses from Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS), Dallas Theological Seminary, BIOLA, and Emmaus Seminary. 

I preferred the Greek lectures at Dallas, but the video never showed the slides and stayed focused on the lecturer.  So I downloaded a complete Greek course from Concordia Seminary which I keep on my Android phone.

The great part about iTunesU is that all the content I have found is FREE!

I also found a series of podcasts of Dr. Wayne Grudem lecturing on his Systematic Theology.  He was teaching Sunday School at Scottsdale Bible.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS