Updates/New Books

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:16 AM

Are NEW books added to the Bible Study library from time to time?  If so, how can I know which books in my library have been added with an auto update from Logos?

Thanks.

Keith

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:22 AM

The short answer is no.

The long answer is maybe but you might (probably will) have to pay.

Every so often Logos revises the contents of the base packages. So for example Logos used to sell the Bible Study (LE) and now they sell Bible Study (KF). These packages are slightly different. In the case of the LE to KF revision Logos offered an "upgrade" for free and there were a few books that people gained in that free upgrade. In the past with major revisions of base packages there has been an upgrade fee to move from the current base package to a new base package. In either case you have to go through the checkout process on Logos.com

Now there are a handful of resources that are in the base packages (the OT NIV reverse interlinear comes to mind) that haven't been released yet, If you have a license for something you will get it automatically when it is released. EDIT: The home page should be updated when new books are added or updates to current books are downloaded.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:24 AM

Keith,

Usually there are no new books added to a base package, but books you already own get updatet from time to time. For updated resources, activate "Updated Resources" in the "Customize" box on the lower left hand of L4, it will then show these resources on your L4 Home Page.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Posts 17
Keith Godfrey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 8:52 AM

Thank you.

So....I'm wondering....when I look at the Logos site, and view the comparison of the base packages, there a lots of titles that are noted as "NEW".  What does that mean?  Are these new titles that have been added to that base package since it was first released?

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:02 AM

These are titles that were not in that particular package before. Most of the new items were added since Logos 4 was released.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:29 AM

Keith Godfrey:

So....I'm wondering....when I look at the Logos site, and view the comparison of the base packages, there a lots of titles that are noted as "NEW".  What does that mean?  Are these new titles that have been added to that base package since it was first released?

They were not in the base package in Logos 3, but were added to the base package in Logos 4 (November 2009).

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:48 AM

Edwin Bowden:

Keith Godfrey:

They were not in the base package in Logos 3, but were added to the base package in Logos 4 (November 2009).

New also appears for New Features in Logos 4.  Noticed comparison page does not mention couple more Passage Guide sections: Illustrations and Collections.  Many Logos 4 features need resources that are included in Original Language and higher packages.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS