Connecting the Shorter and Larger Westminster Catechisms + WCF

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 30 2011 9:36 AM

Short question: Any Logos resources which interlink the WCF+WSC+WLC?

Long question: I own the Westminster Confession of Faith, including the Larger and Shorter Catechisms As I was looking at them today I began getting frustrated with attempting to find the "links" between the Shorter and larger catechisms.  I am aware of other non Logos sources which indicate where one touches or doesn't the other (Typically where the Larger catechism has questions that the shorter doesn't address.  

For instance.... WLC 149 is nearly equal to  WSC 82 and comments regarding it may be found in the WCF 9.3

I'm not finding one yet, but does anyone know of a Logos resource which will intertwine the three in the manner above?  I may have to simply create a note file to that end, but it's worth a shot to see if it's been done already.

(NOTE: this interlinking is something that I wish notes could accomplish - that is tying one note to multiple sources as in the uservoice request: Rework notes function - in one or multiple phases)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 9:49 AM

My experience is that there is none. I have to admit being really frustrated with Logos on this point. The resources for Creeds and Confessions in general (and the Westminster Standards in specific) are old, do not link well, and are not even formatted well.

I find this especially annoying since the documents are short, and public domain.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 1807
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 7:24 PM

Fred Greco:

I find this especially annoying since the documents are short, and public domain.

Amen.  I have the old E4 Libronix disk that does fair job of linking the three.  But E4 dumped or was dumped by LogosConfused, so no updates to the Logos 4 system.Sad

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 61
Thomas Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 6:40 AM

Thomas,

I'm not very good with note files, so if you create one -  Please share.

Thomas

Posts 1807
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 2:09 PM

Fred Greco:
The resources for Creeds and Confessions in general (and the Westminster Standards in specific) are old, do not link well, and are not even formatted well.

I am not happy that the existing confessions do not have (supporting proof texts) with the documents. 

Many of the versions of the confessiones "online" have many proof texts included.Yes

I for one would like to see the same linking ability that the Eph. 4 (Libronix) CD has.

It has the three Westminister Documents linked to Hodges Comentary and Vincent Thomas´ Family Instrucion Guide. 

I would think that Logos4 could do something betterBig Smile

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 2:22 PM

Tom:
I am not happy that the existing confessions do not have (supporting proof texts) with the documents. 

Which confessions are you referring to?  My Westminster resources (confession and catechisms) in Logos have proof text references.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1807
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 3:07 PM

You are correct that the three Westminister documents have the proof texts.

I noticed the lack of Proof Texts while I was doing a series on Historic Creeds and Confesiones with the congregation here in Chiapas. 

I had to spend a lot of time searching for the information.  It is out there. Big Smile

I made PDF files for each of the Documents with Proof Texts for my spanish speaking brothers, it is on my web site.

Historic Creeds

The Apostles’ Creed   NO PROOF Texts  Sad

The Nicene Creed  NO PROOF Texts  Sad

The Symbol of Chalcedon  NO PROOF Texts  Sad

The Athanasian Creed  NO PROOF Texts  Sad

Historic Confessions and Statements of Faith

The Belgic Confession  NO PROOF Texts  Sad

The Heidelberg Catechism  YES  Big Smile

The Canons of Dort YES Big Smile

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 3:19 PM

Tom:
I made PDF files for each of the Documents with Proof Texts for my spanish speaking brothers, it is on my web site.

Dr. Thomas Rach,  www.hombrereformado.com  Solo a Dios la Gloria    Rom. 11:36

FYI, the link in your signature is broken.  I believe it should be .org instead of .com

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1807
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2011 5:29 PM

Thanks Todd, I fixed it once, must have forgotten to click save Embarrassed

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS