New Reasons to Download the Free Logos App

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Jeff Cummins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 11:09 AM

Please improve the ability to look up Greek and Hebrew words in the iOS app.

The current functionality is slow, and more importantly it doesn't work at all offline.

I would love to use my iPod Touch as my primary Greek New Testament, but without a quick way to look up words (and do it offline), it just isn't workable.

PS - if you agree, vote for it here.

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:11 PM

Thomas Black:
I don't believe the blog post is misleading in any way

"This release of the app uses the new hyphenation and justification feature of the Logos display engine. It looks beautiful and makes for a better reading experience."

This implies the ability to toggle justification on/off.  

And, more subjectively, instead of being beautiful, justification is hideous and the variable word gaps makes reading more difficult.

If I cannot turn off justification I am looking for a way go upgrade to the previous version (like I upgraded from Vista to XP).  I sent an email to tech support about this and got a reply that included this confusing bit: "At this time we do not have our application do text justification."

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:19 PM

Blog:  The slider control at the bottom allows you to quickly jump to ⅔ into a book, for example.

More and better than that: it gives info like chapter headings, and, I think, page numbers, which goes some way toward counteracting the bug that makes it refuse to go back to where you left off, or to jump to the page you tell it to.  I think we may have a workaround here until the bug is fixed.

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 4 2011 1:29 PM

Gabriel Powell:
so I want to download a ton of books to have available offline. But I can't go one-by-one... it's very painful.

I'm doing it one by one, starting with the books I want most.  A batch download would be counterproductive for those of us with slow internet connections.  I daren't download more than about 2 at a time.  I shall hopefully get the commentaries I use downloaded.  reading matter is not so urgent - there's a limit to the number of books I can read at one time!  I'm still using my laptop for serious study, tho it's nice to do some simple Bible study on the iPad, just using UBS Handbooks, which I have downloaded.  

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS