Is "Timelines Addin" will be released any time soon for L4?

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2011 6:58 AM

I am waiting for more than a year for the update to Logos 4, still no results. Any hope for the future???? 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 7:01 AM

http://www.logos.com/video/2348/timelines

Does this help?  There are some built in timelines (video above) but perhaps you are talking about adding your own?  No new news on that I'm afraid.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:39 AM

Thomas Black:

.....perhaps you are talking about adding your own?  No new news on that I'm afraid.

Thanks Thomas for reply. Too bad  Sad. I really want to build my own. I am planning to make a big project for my personal studies, to organize all Bible and political events, reigns of kings, prophesies, and etc. I need a program which would let me to do customization. 

I am talking about this one:

http://www.logos.com/product/2063/timelines-addin

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:47 AM

Ah yes that version was available long before L4.  

There was talk at one point that in the future, We'll be able to add timelines - at the moment I've not heard of further plans.  Based on the way they interact like other resources, I'm beginning to wonder if timeline capacity won't be a part of the upcoming PBB - which by my forecast should hit beta very soon.

*mind you, my forecast is based upon the proximity of PBB listed under Missing features in my sig

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:01 AM

What organization did "Timelines Addin", I think I should ask them if they plan to update it in the future. I really want to organize all Bible events and kingdoms which were associated with Israel and prophesies. I want to see a "big picture" of the Bible. 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:10 AM

AFAIK the timelines addin was built inhouse by Logos, not an external group.

The best place to ask is right here and wait to see if/when a programmer answers with a plan.

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:15 AM

Thanks Thomas! I will wait till someone respond from Logos team.

Posts 31970
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:23 PM

Slava Novik:
I really want to build my own. I am planning to make a big project for my personal studies,

I, too, am anxiously awaiting this and the parallels. From previous experience, I know that it might be useful (and I mean might) to contact Phil Gons are Logos and see if they would be interested in building the timelines if you provided the data.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 2:31 PM

MJ. Smith:

I, too, am anxiously awaiting this and the parallels. From previous experience, I know that it might be useful (and I mean might) to contact Phil Gons are Logos and see if they would be interested in building the timelines if you provided the data.

Thanks MJ. Smith for reply and suggestion, but I don't think you fully understood my point. A "Timelines Add-in" is still not updated in L4. The point is that there is no custom timelines in L4. Logos has many built in timelines, but it cannot be edited and added something what I like and think is important. In the same way as to highlight the Bible, i think it wouldn't  be interesting and much learning to have a highlighted Bible by someone and not to have ability to highlight on our own. Concerning the data, it will take for me a few years, because I want to organize all the events from the Bible. 

Logos we need an update for "Timelines Add-in". 

Posts 19197
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 11:43 PM

I have never yet seen Timelines Addin on any list of features from L3 that Logos is still planning to implement for L4. That's not to say they won't do it, but they have not promised it to us.

However, we could make a difference via UserVoice. Unfortunately, there are two different mentions of this request on the list, thus splitting the votes between them. This one has 39 votes, and this one has 29. Perhaps we should mount a campaign to get people who voted for the second one of these to move their votes to the first. Then it would be up to 68 votes, which is respectable. That would get it onto the 2nd page worth of feature requests (out of 17 pages). So it might actually get noticed, and more people would vote for it.

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2011 11:07 PM

Rosie Perera:

Perhaps we should mount a campaign to get people who voted for the second one of these to move their votes to the first. Then it would be up to 68 votes, which is respectable. That would get it onto the 2nd page worth of feature requests (out of 17 pages). So it might actually get noticed, and more people would vote for it.

Added 3 votes for the first one. How to inform other 29 votes?

Posts 19197
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:30 AM

Slava Novik:

Rosie Perera:

Perhaps we should mount a campaign to get people who voted for the second one of these to move their votes to the first. Then it would be up to 68 votes, which is respectable. That would get it onto the 2nd page worth of feature requests (out of 17 pages). So it might actually get noticed, and more people would vote for it.

Added 3 votes for the first one. How to inform other 29 votes?

1) Put a comment on the item; in case people go back and check to see how the things they voted for are doing and read the comments.

2) Start another new thread on the forum with a clear message such as "Attention: Timelines voters on UserVoice"

I have done both of these for you.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 8:22 AM

Rosie Perera:
1) Put a comment on the item; in case people go back and check to see how the things they voted for are doing and read the comments.

Do they need to? When I've voted for something, new comments always turn up in my e-mail.

Wish I had some votes free for this one, but I don't for the moment. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:57 AM

The second one is still at 29, but the first has gained 12 nevertheless and is now at 51. That makes 80 together.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:32 PM

Rosie Perera:

I have done both of these for you.

Thank you Rosie! I can't find "Attention: Timelines voters on UserVoice" on the forum. Did you post it, or I have to post myself (just wanna be sure before making double threat, maybe I missed it)

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:38 PM

Here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/32153.aspx.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1500
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 11 2011 5:55 PM

Thanks fgh! That's weird I tried to search it and couldn't find it...

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS