L3 stops responding after 1 or 2 clicks on any button in the program.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Gerry Fraser | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:59 AM

Presumably this is related to the IE9 incompatibility although I did apply the registry patch for IE9_LDLS3.

It's also complicated by the fact that I can't uninstall IE9.  It doesn't appear either in Programs & Features or in Installed Updates.  (I know, I think my Windows installation may be corrupted though it works for everyday use.)  I just haven't had the time to set aside to reinstall Windows.

I also can't do a repair installation.  HP in their infinite wisdom removes that option from the table.

L3 has been working fine until two days ago.  I would be grateful for any suggestions.

In a related question, how can I start logging in L3?  I couldn't find it in Tools-Options-General and LDLS stopped responding before I could look further.

Thank you, GCF

PS. I have tried several other possible fixes with no  luck but I thought it would be better to respond to specific questions rather detail those attempts here.  Thanks again.

LDLS 3.0g, Windows Vista x64, SP2, 2 GB RAM, HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 9:46 AM

Instructions for enabling logging in Libronix can be found here:

http://www.logos.com/support/lbs/logging

One option you didn't mention which may work: Have you tried running LDLS in compatibility mode? To do that right click on the LDLS short-cut, click "Properties"  and choose the "Compatibility" tab. I have Libronix set to run in compatibility mode for XP SP3. LDLS works fine on my system with IE9 installed. (You may also want to try disabling visual themes, desktop composition, and display scaling.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1
Gerry Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:19 PM

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I downloaded and ran EnableLogging.js but the most curious thing happened.

• I opened the properties page for LDLS.exe and selected Compatibility mode, then decided I should run a logged session to document the problem.  I was sure I deselected compatibility mode before closing Properties.
  • I ran LDLS, but it wouldn't stop responding so I closed it.
  • Then I checked LDLS.exe Properties again; it was set to Compatibility Mode.  OK, so I goofed.  But that's not the strange thing.
  • I deselected Compatibility Mode & double checked that it was off.
  • When I ran LDLS again, it still ran without a problem!  It's still going.  I checked the Properties once more and it's definitely not in Compatibility Mode.

I can't imagine what happened, but I hope that's all there is to it.

Thanks again for your help.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:24 PM

The Rev. Gerald Fraser:
Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome. I can't say I understand it either. But it's working, that's the main thing (understanding is over-rated anyway Wink )

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1
Gerry Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:34 PM

Well, it seems I spoke too soon.  As soon as I finished my last post I went back to LDLS and started to work.  After  switching between several open panes for a couple of minutes it stopped responding again.

I guess it's back to Compatibility Mode.  At least I can  upload the logs this time.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:45 PM

Do you by chance have IE9 installed on your computer? It will break Libronix.

Run this registry script http://www.logos.com/media/update/IE9-LDLS3.zip if you have IE9 installed.

Posts 1
Gerry Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:56 PM

This is covered in the first line of the original post.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 1:11 PM

Embarrassed sorry, I missed that

Are you still running IE 9 RC? It had 2 bugs that broke Libronix. The IE 9 RTM had fixed one of them and required the registry edit that you applied to fix the other. Try downloading the 64bit IE installer from here: http://view.atdmt.com/action/UMIRF_IE_IE9HP_Win7?href=http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/6/D/86DB5DC9-5706-4A5B-BD46-FFBA6FA67D44/IE9-Windows7-x64-enu.exe and running it

Posts 1
Gerry Fraser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 1:18 PM

Thanks, no I waited for the final release through Windows Update.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 9 2011 2:17 PM

The Rev. Gerald Fraser:
It's also complicated by the fact that I can't uninstall IE9.  It doesn't appear either in Programs & Features or in Installed Updates.

Wonder about looking in "Turn Windows features on or off" for Internet Explorer 9 ? (uncheck to uninstall)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS