Page 8 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 145 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 8
Wes Porter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:07 PM

A lot has gone on with this thread. 

Just because someone like myself has a low post count does not mean my original question is not worthy. I find that silly. I am a busy person who only came to the forums to look for answers on a specific issue.

Secondly, instead of continuing down the path of frustration and finally went and purchased Accordance. I will use Accordance for Bible study and logos 1.1 as a reference library. Maybe I will upgrade to 4.0 one day since it will be free but for the time being I have made the switch and will use Accordance as my primary Bible Software.

I know I can't be the only one who has a bitter taste in their mouth about the whole Mac thing/cross grade/ upgrade or whatever you want to call it. 

I am only providing this feedback that logos has lost 1 customer over this. If they come out with a viable mac product then maybe I will look at it again someday but for the time being my money will be going to the competition. 

I hope nobody finds this post offensive but more informational. I will do my apologies upfront if this offends anybody or it doesn't seem appropriate. Thanks!

Wes

Posts 102
shane blyth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:32 PM

I dont have a problem at all with your post.

If everyone owned and used the same piece of software it would tend to imply we are all clones.

The fact that you use a different piece just shows you are not exactly like others, having different needs and different things are more important to you. God created a diverse array of people and thats something to be celebrated. Some are frustrated with Logos as you are no doubt. I am not one of them. I am enjoying the Alpha. I can wait. No doubt I have different needs and priorities with my Bible software which is fine. One product will never satisfy every person or their style of doing things.

I never particularly liked Mac 1.x and went back to Quickverse for Mac till Logos 4 came out.  I applaud Logos for bringing out a public Alpha but as you have found ti is not exactly up to speed yet and frustrating you. Do come and check it out when it is further down the track. I like to revisit competing software at regular occasions and see what has changed. If I hadn't kept an open mind I would of never come back to Logos. But I have but who knows what the next year will bring and I may discover something more suited or my needs may change.

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 3:32 AM

KevinBrown01:
Low post counts doesn't mean I don't care or haven't been paying attention

Perhaps I should have been more clear as to what I meant by low post count, since some seem to have taken exception to that particular statement. Some—from subsequent posts, not you—come to the forum simply to complain. They do not seek help; they simply want to attack Logos. After 2 or 3 posts, they disappear forever.

KevinBrown01:
Keep in mind that in the early days of Logos for Mac development we were kept largely in the dark and perhaps that conditioned some of us into passively awaiting crumbs to drop rather than actively providing constructive input.

In the days before the release of L1 for Mac, I complained loudly and frequently about the lack of communication. I also expressed my disappointment with 1.2. However, with L4—even in the Alpha stage—I now have an expectation of full parity between the Windows and Mac versions. Posting bug reports and logs are probably the best way to provide constructive input, although constructive criticism is also necessary.

KevinBrown01:
I would predict that if Logos 4 for Mac does deliver as promised a lot of the pent up frustration by Mac users feeling like unwanted step children may dissipate fairly quickly.

Agreed.

Posts 1
John Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:52 AM

Your response is still vague.  The question remains when can we expect a fully functional version.

If you read these posts there is a lot of frustration trying to use the Alpha version.  The Libronix version for the Mac works but without many of the PC version features.  I started out using the PC version of the Libronix software and liked it a lot.  I purchased a Mac a few months ago.  I quickly realized that the MAC version had not had the development that the PC version had.  It does not have many of the features that I had come to enjoy on the PC.  I downloaded the MAC version of the Logos 4.0 and have been frustrated ever since.  I have felt tied to this program because of my investment but at some point that may not make a difference.  I read many posts where people are asking the same question, how long before we have a complete version.  I don't see anyone giving a direct answer.  So here we sit trying to use something that is not really functional without any idea of when it will be functional.  

Please tell us more than you are updating the program every couple of weeks.  Are we looking at a fully functioning version with support this year?  Are we looking at a fully functioning version by second quarter, third quarter?

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:36 PM

Hi John, it appears you replied to my post from November 4th 2009, so I will do my best to respond to your question.

JohnCurry:
Your response is still vague.  The question remains when can we expect a fully functional version.
There was nothing vague in my answer from 5 months ago John, I answered the specific question from Br Raymond with every detail known at the time. Please keep in mind John that when you reference a post out of context from 5 months ago, it may not give you the information you need today. 

JohnCurry:
Please tell us more than you are updating the program every couple of weeks.
More info has been given John and you may learn more if you read the correct forum and more current threads.  FYI, the forum we are now posting in is for version 1.x of the mac and since you are wanting to know more specifics about 4.x for Mac, you will find it more helpful to search in the correct place. 

However, to your question.  It has been stated since November 4th that we hope to be in Beta (which in this case means fully featured) sometime in the 2nd Quarter.  But that is not a promise, it is a guesstimate from our Logos President Bob Pritchett.  The reason no one can be more precise and give you an exact date, is because there are too many variables in the equation (for example, we have doubled our Mac team since January).

Again, the above is the short version, but if you search the correct Mac forum, you will find more discussion and info on this topic.  Also, if you try to read more current posts, you will also get better information than reading posts that are almost a half a year old.  You can find the date of each post here...

One other bit of context that is important to know.  I have only been working for Logos since February 2010.  I am not a developer, but work in Ministry Development.  So the post of mine you are quoting is from when I was a Logos "civilian" who participated in the Windows Beta program.  Prior to February, I am a Logos user of 14 years, Mac user for 3 years and full time pastor at a church plant.

Blessings

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:25 PM

JohnCurry:
So here we sit trying to use something that is not really functional without any idea of when it will be functional.

Of course this is all moot.  A17 is extremely functional.  I hope by now you are enjoying using L4.  

Blessings,

Roger

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Page 8 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS