Crashing Problem: Logos Bible Software 4.3 Beta 3 (4.30.0.0376) (Update Channel: beta)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 16
greg homan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 2 2011 2:37 PM | Locked

I can hardly keep logos open for more than 60 seconds before it crashes. Mostly when working with clippings. One time as soon as it opened. Any ideas?

I also have a project due friday, so I could definitely use some help here. 

-Scott

Posts 4675
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 3:03 PM | Locked

HI Scott, Greg

Sorry you are having problems with the Beta. You might get more help if you post in the Beta Sub forum. (see at the bottom of the forum posts)

Also you should note that using the Beta is not for the faint hearted nor those who need the software to function for important projects.

You will find information about posting your logs in the Wiki (see at the top of the forum page). These will almost certainly be needed to diagnose your problem.

You might also like to check out the instructions for changing to the stable version of the software.

If you want to take a chance on a quick fix - you could re-install the Beta - you will find a link in the Release notes in the Beta Sub Forum.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 3:33 PM | Locked

greg homan:

I can hardly keep logos open for more than 60 seconds before it crashes. Mostly when working with clippings. One time as soon as it opened. Any ideas?

-Scott

Since discussing Beta version, Logos may move this thread to Mac Beta forum.  Would like to see log files posted after Logos 4.3 Beta 3 crashes, perhaps with a screenshot of clippings.

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting page has How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac section with steps for posting logs and link to Logos Log Scribe

Wiki page also has Want to downgrade from Beta to Stable section with steps (bit time consuming to change from Beta to Stable).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 423
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 3:57 PM | Locked

Greg,

This is a known issue.  See Beta release notes

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 2 2011 8:03 PM | Locked

Lewis Harper:

Greg,

This is a known issue.  See Beta release notes

Apologies, concur Logos 4.3 Beta 3 has couple known ways to crash clippings.  Anticipating Logos 4.3 Beta 4 release on Tue 10 May or Tue 17 May.

Option: could use Logos 4 PC (Beta or Stable), then sync clippings to Logos 4.3 Beta 3 OR use external document for copy & paste to get project done; then update clippings in Logos 4 Mac after clippings issue fixed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 16
greg homan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2011 4:58 AM | Locked

Thank you so much! This helps a lot! 

I keep seeing posts about sending log files. What does this do, how will this help? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2011 8:30 AM | Locked

greg homan:
I keep seeing posts about sending log files. What does this do, how will this help?

Wiki Mac Troubleshooting page has How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac section whose log posting steps were copied from a forum reply (on 1 Oct 2010) by Logos 4 Mac lead developer (who updated steps four days later).  Later user modification to steps integrated more forum discussions along with which forum to post logs (Stable => Logos 4 Mac and Beta => Mac Beta).  During Logos 4 Mac pre-releases, a forum post with video tutorial about posting logs was pinned to top of Logos 4 Mac forum.

Logos developers use log files to diagnose problems (especially crashes).  For some issues, screen shot(s) are adequate to show problem.  Steps to repeat issue are very helpful; allows adventurous forum users and Logos to replicate issue, which then becomes a test case for code modification.  Once internal testing can no longer repeat issue, code fix is included in a Logos 4 Mac release, whose release notes can include reference to forum discussion where issue initially reported.

Stable channel service releases primarily fix crash issues.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 3 2011 2:45 PM | Locked

greg homan:

Logos 4.3 Beta 4 for Mac (4.30.0.0442) should be available later today; Logos 4.3 Beta 4 release notes include fix for Clippings.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS