How long to download

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1821
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:31 PM

I have about 12.4 gigs to download and am using a dsl line and have spent about 7 hours and right now I am at 29% downloaded.  Is this normal?

Posts 1597
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:34 PM

During the Beta the DL speeds varied.  This sounds slow, but then again, I bet Logos is being slammed at their end today.  So, I would not say "normal", but then again I would not be overly concerned, unfortunately.

The frustrtating thing is that you have to tell it to countinue with the installation as soon as it is done to go on to the next step.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:47 PM

During beta the Downloads were coming off the Amazon S3 backbone, I assume they still are for the time being.  Whatever Amazon's throughput permits I suppose...

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 4:51 PM

Kenneth, It could very well be on your end. Your provider might be choking down your bandwidth because you've been "leeching" their resources. (Their perspective, not mine.)

You can actually watch the internet bog down in OKC when all the school kids log on at 3:30.

When Am@zon.com ran  a $99 Christmas special on the Wii, the refresh hits brought down their servers. My brother does security for those servers.  I bet you can hear the servers groaning in the Logos HQ today.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2009 5:07 PM

In Oz the best speed I got was 0.7 GB/hr. But  0.33 GB/hr was easily achievedSmile - you are getting roughly 0.5 GB/hr!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
Orlin Bowman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 7:48 AM

I just downloaded overnight and indexed overnight and it works fine.  Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS