Having trouble with Mac Alpha?

Page 4 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 146 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 18
Ryan Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:54 PM

I'm running Alpha 2 and it is all indexed and downloaded and everything, but every time I try to run a passage guide search, after loading for a minute or so it just crashes.

Posts 91
Rick Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:55 PM

Same here...

Posts 81
Smiling Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:11 AM

Ryan Hall:

I'm running Alpha 2 and it is all indexed and downloaded and everything, but every time I try to run a passage guide search, after loading for a minute or so it just crashes.

Could you post the logs?

Macbook Pro  |  OSX 10.6.8  |  2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 |  4 GB Ram  |  320 GB HDD

Posts 57
Pavel Kostecka | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:45 AM

I have another problem. I have installed Logos 4 and all seemd OK. I even saw main window. When I started the app again, I see a window "Logging in" and anything other happens. Quiting and restarting the app does not help. I attach both logos4.log and nlog.conf.

My system: 10.6.1, MacBookPro 13inch, 2.53GHZ/4GB/640GB HDD

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/1643_2E00_nlog_2E00_config:550:0]

Posts 82
David L Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:26 AM

I have had quite a few problems getting L4 alpha (4.0.326786) to run. When I first downloaded it, seemed to launch fine. Right away I noticed that it did not recognize the existence of any of my previous library, and started downloading everything. After two days I had to cancel the remaining download since it had used up nearly all of the 13GB of disk space that I had available. I now have almost two copies of my 7GB library on my hard drive, one at

[root]/Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Resources

and the other at

[user]/Library/Application Support/Logos 4/Data/y2cyq0lo.jcb/Resource Manager/Resources

I note that in some cases the file names in the new directory are identical to the old ones and in other cases items in the new directory have the same name as the old ones but with a '.logos4' extension in place of a '.lbxlls' extension (and, of course, there are some that are entirely new).

So my first question is, "Do I really need two different copies of everything; is there no way to merge these two together?"

So, I deleted some (non-Logos) stuff to clear out more space and attempted to re-launch the program, it locks up when it attempts to log in to the on-line side of things. I thought perhaps it still did not have enough disk space. To solve this problem I went out and bought a larger hard dive and replaced the drive in my laptop. I find. however, that the same problem remains. The program launches and appears to try to connect to the a server on-line (my Internet connection is working fine, by the way), but after a few moments it locks up and I have to force it to quit.

I tried re-installing the software, but that did not help.

So my second question is, "Should I delete everything in the new resources directory as well as the program and re-install from scratch, or is there some other problem that is preventing me from logging in correctly.

This leads to my last issue. As a temporary expedient I would like to install a copy of the Windows version of L4. After I install and set-up Parallels and Windows 7, is there any way that I can install the Windows version so that the Mac alpha and the Windows version can use the same set of resources? I really hate the idea of having 3 copies of the 7 GB resource directory on my computer? Even with my new hard drive, that seems a bit of a waste.

By the way, I am running Mac OX 10.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 17" with 4 GB of RAM and (now) 350 GB of free HD space.

Thanks for you help!

dla

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:38 AM

David,

Thanks for the questions. Hopefully these responses will prove valuable.

As for having 2 copies of your library, L4 is designed to run in parallel along side of LDLS 1.2. Your LDLS 1.2 resources live in /Library/Application Support/Libronix DLS/Resources and your Logos 4 resources live in /Library/Application Support/Logos 4/Data/y2cyq0lo.jcb/Resource Manager/Resources. The reason for this is that L4 has several updated resources (those designated with .logos4 instead of .lbxlls) which have a new format which the new features in L4 requires. L4 is able to use the older resources from LDLS 1.2, but rather than making your LDLS 1.2 resources paths incompatible by putting L4 data there, it moves them to its own working area. L4 does not keep the old .lbxlls resources around if it finds newer .logos4 versions to save space. Incidentally, the Windows versions do this as well, so that LDLS 3 and Logos 4 can run side by side.

As to the "Locking up" when logging in, several other users have reported that and we are going to look into that this week.

Finally, there is currently no way to have L4 Windows and L4 Mac share the same resource path.

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 81
Smiling Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:19 AM

I installed A3, it prepared my library and indexed. Then when it restarted finally, it crashes immediately after displaying the blank home screen.

4745.Indexer.log

5811.Logos4.log

Jeff.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:26 AM

Jeff,

Do you get a crash report log? If you could send that to me directly, that would be great. The Indexer log has no errors (so it doesn't appear to be the problem). The Logos4 log doesn't give me an error report.

Thanks,

Tom

Posts 81
Smiling Guy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:37 AM

Tom,

I don't know how to send it to you directly, but there is no error report. It just dies with no warnings or Apple error reporting.

Here is the entire console message from opening it just now:

8308.Console.log

Posts 34
Jeffrey Pope | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:42 PM

Shows 0 resources - I previously posted my log files, but here is the crash report...looks like an indexing problem - how do I reindex?  Thanks, Jeff

2553.2009-11-12 Crash Log.rtf

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 1:15 PM

Jeffrey,

I've logged this as an issue. We'll start taking a look at it, but for now if you can give me one more piece of information.

Open Terminal and run the following command:

find / -name libfreetype.6.dylib

If you can paste the output that would be great.

Posts 34
Jeffrey Pope | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 1:55 PM

Last login: Thu Nov 12 13:41:41 on ttys000

Welcome to Darwin!

Macintosh-4:~ jeff$ sudo -s

Password:

bash-3.2# find / -name libfreetype.6.dylib

find: /private/tmp/231/C: No such file or directory

/usr/X11/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

/usr/X11R6/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib

bash-3.2# 

Posts 4
Hakan Nilsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 12:06 PM

Hello!

Here is my files and the problem is that I can not see anything of my library in logos 4. It downloaded 1,2 gb files during installation but then the indexer stopped after that and nothing more happened. I do not understand what some people are talking about her about it taking 48 hours and so on, I have not gone that far. And what is it all about when you say it can copy my library from the libronix program?

I have alpha 3 now. The fault have been the same on the other alphas...

God bless!

[View:1563.Logos4.log1300.Indexer.log">http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/0410_2E00_nlog_2E00_config:550:0]1563.Logos4.log1300.Indexer.log

Posts 11
Dustin Combs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 2:48 PM

Hey all, 

Been loving Logos 4!  It's been working as good as an alpha should, but when I upgraded to alpha 3, it downloaded new data and can't make it through the indexing process.  After about an hour or so, the indexer crashes.  I know that it was making progress, as about 1GB of disk space gets eaten away by it, but after it crashes, the 1GB returns and is available.  It's as if the indexer, when it crashes, deletes all the progress it has made.  Nothing seems to keep it from crashing.  Any ideas?

Thx, 

Dustin 

5611.Indexer.log

5618.Logos4.log

Posts 10
Brian Wagner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:02 PM

I tried putting the nlog file in. There was no Logos 4 file in the Application Support folder only Libronix vs 3.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 3:37 PM

Dustin,

You seem to be having an error similar to others in the app that is not easily reproducible. Some of our devs have experienced it and we're working on tracking it down.

Can you tell me a little about your machine?

What processor and Memory does "About This Mac" report for your machine? (Apple Menu > About This Mac...)

Thanks,

Tom

Posts 11
Dustin Combs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:13 PM

Tom, here is some info for what I am running:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07

SMC Version (system): 1.16f11

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT,   VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:29 PM

Dustin,

I looked at the error again and realized that we fixed that error yesterday and it will be released in the next alpha.

Tom

Posts 11
Dustin Combs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 4:41 PM

Thanks, Tom!

Posts 11
Dustin Combs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 9:22 AM

Hey guys, 

So now that Alpha 4 is out, my earlier problem with indexing from Alpha 3 has mutated.  As mentioned above, the indexer would crash and immediately delete any progress that has been made.  Now, in Alpha 4, the indexer still crashes after making about 2GB of progress, but doesn't delete it immediately.  Instead, the progress is deleted when I reopen Logos 4, which starts up the indexing again.  Same problem, just a different time of index deletion.  

Here are logs that I'm sure you'll be wanting :).  Thanks for letting us be a part of the Logos 4 adventure!

Dustin 

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/76/25078.Logos4.log:550:0]

p.s.  now that I have tried to post my indexer log, I see that it won't let me.  I'm guessing this is because my file is reading to be Zero KB (!)

p.p.s.  Am I suppossed to have two nlog.config files in this folder?  I just realized this.  

Page 4 of 8 (146 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS