Problem opening a layout from the Home Page

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 10 2011 11:42 PM | Locked

(Running 4.3 B4)

I had a layout open and switched to the home page using the home page icon. I then wanted to go back to the layout so, instead of clicking the icon again, I clicked the Layout button and selected the layout I wanted.

I got the correct panels but they all showed blank resources as below:

The associated log is below:

6886.Logos4 - 11 May 2011 7.31.log

Experimenting further I found that if (when with the blank layout open) I selected another layout it worked correctly and then I could go back to the layout that appeared as blank.

The problem only seems to happen if the layout I select from the home page is the one that is open - if I select a different one it opens correctly.

This looks potentially similar to the problem discussed in http://community.logos.com/forums/p/32956/246657.aspx but thought it worth flagging!

Graham

Posts 10734
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 3:43 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:
The problem only seems to happen if the layout I select from the home page is the one that is open - if I select a different one it opens correctly.

This may or may not add information to the situation, but I could not reproduce it on L4 Mac 4.3 Beta 4 after multiple attempts.

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 4:36 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
This may or may not add information to the situation, but I could not reproduce it on L4 Mac 4.3 Beta 4 after multiple attempts.

Interesting!

Thanks Jack

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 7:36 AM | Locked

Thanks Graham. This does appear to be related to the bug that was added to known issues for Beta 4 and will be fixed in Beta 5.

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 8:52 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa

Appreciated, Graham

Posts 405
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 11 2011 12:26 PM | Locked

I can reproduce the problem. Whenever I select a layout that is already loaded, it creates the problem you described. If I select a different layout it works and I can then select the original layout again. Just never the same layout as already loaded.

EDIT: I am using LOGOS on Windows.

Posts 22832
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 11:45 PM | Locked

I can confirm that this has been fixed in 4.3 B5

Many thanks

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS