Google Chromebooks & Logos

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 9
Mark Culton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:15 AM

I second this! I miss the Logos application on my old windows PC (that is all I miss from that beast), and I realize it may be a long time until we get the same functionality through Biblia, but I would love to see highlighting sync between Biblia on my chromebox and chromebook and my android devices.

Posts 9
Mark Culton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:16 AM

Oh, that would be wonderful!

Posts 9
Mark Culton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:27 AM

One more feature I would love - a smooth way to copy and paste verses from Biblia, so that I could easily place passages in my google docs.

Thanks for taking the time to consider requests from those living on the bleeding edge of technology. :-)

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:15 PM

Mark, 

In the future please use the reply button and then quote whom you are replying to. This is hard to follow.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3115
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:45 PM

All of the above and notes as well (not community notes)

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:54 PM

The Acer C7 Chromebook seems to hold some promise as a cheap Logos notebook because it has an Intel Celeron (not ARM) processor and a 320GB hard drive.  Folks have been successful in getting Ubuntu installed (dual boot) so it is feasible that Windows is an option as well.  It has 2GB of RAM and there is a removable panel, so additional storage may also be an option.  The best part is that it is only $199.  

http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/acer-c7-chromebook.html

Available from Google, Best Buy, Newegg, Tiger Direct and Staples:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/02/acer-c7-chromebook/

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 9
Mark Culton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:58 AM

TCBlack:

Mark, 

In the future please use the reply button and then quote whom you are replying to. This is hard to follow.

Gotcha. Will do!

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2013 12:19 PM

Bought a Samsung Chromebook and am using it with Biblia.  Works well, although I wish Logos would build a reader for Chrome a la Kindle Reader that would allow you to download and pin books.  In the meantime, I will supplement it with my Nexus 7 when on the go.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:23 PM

There are rumours that android APPS are going to be doing to ChromeBooks soon, so you might get it, the only reason Logos is on Amazon Fire Tablets is that they are android based tablets, if Google dose add in Android APP support you will have your Logos app. :)

-Dan

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 7 2013 1:47 PM

Dan Francis:

There are rumours that android APPS are going to be doing to ChromeBooks soon, so you might get it, the only reason Logos is on Amazon Fire Tablets is that they are android based tablets, if Google dose add in Android APP support you will have your Logos app. :)

-Dan

That would be a good thing if it works...

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:30 AM

One good feature of the Chromebook is Chrome Remote Desktop and that at least allows you to access the full Logos app on a PC from anywhere.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 6:59 AM

I have been using my Samsung Series 3 ARM Chromebook with biblia.com for a few weeks and have found it works well.  I hope Logos will expand the feature set of the website as Chromebooks are increasing in popularity.  The Samsung Chromebook is currently the #1 selling notebook on Amazon.com.  Google has released its very expensive Pixel Chromebook and it is receiving rave reviews.  Also, Asus, Acer and Samsung have all announced new Chromebooks for release later this year.  2013 is being called the year of the Chromebook.  Could this be the future?

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 36
Dennis Toll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 7:50 AM

I too am moving towards a Chromebook future. Computing should be more about productivity and less about spending time maintaining a bulky OS and keeping up with the latest version of large costly software applications. I want a computer that will allow me to quickly and easily perform the tasks I need without have to become an expert in the OS -- And my first computer was an XT compatible IBM clone back in 1987, so I've seen how OS's have grown and become overgrown.

So I hope the folks at Logos will continue to support and develop  Biblia for online computing needs. It doesn't have to match Logos, but a little more functionality would be great. On my android app of Logos, I can get the lemma and grammatical tags from BHS and tagged greek texts. It would be wonderful to do that on Biblia as well. Biblia doesn't necessary need a full-featured grammatical search engine, but the ability to search on lemmas in original language texts would be wonderful.

Please keep improving Biblia. It's been on Beta with no changes for awhile now.

Thanks for providing a great product.

Dennis Toll

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 4 2013 8:23 AM

It would also be great if Logos would create a Chrome "packaged app".  These apps are available offline and behave more like computer programs:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9238906/Google_bares_Chrome_s_Trojan_strategy_with_native_style_packaged_apps

http://www.businessinsider.com/googles-new-apps-are-bad-for-microsoft-2013-5

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 13 2013 3:23 PM

I wonder why there is a Chrome app for Biblia but not one for Faithlife?  

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 19 2013 6:42 PM

Tony Thomas:

It would also be great if Logos would create a Chrome "packaged app".  These apps are available offline and behave more like computer programs:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9238906/Google_bares_Chrome_s_Trojan_strategy_with_native_style_packaged_apps

http://www.businessinsider.com/googles-new-apps-are-bad-for-microsoft-2013-5

Indeed! Just watched the 2013 I/O presentation...

http://developer.chrome.com/apps/about_apps.html

Posts 45
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 8 2013 7:33 PM

What I would like is a better option for interlinear Bibles on Biblia.com.  Now, it just displays the base text with no English translation, which is pretty much useless for an interlinear.  It lieu of an interlinear, could you please at least model it as an INTRAlinear where the English translations follow the Greek or Hebrew in the text (perhaps in parenthesis).  That way, at least you have a gloss into English.  Thanks!

Posts 2747
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 10:14 PM

Just picked up a Samsung Chromebook to replace a MBair that I'm giving my son for seminary.

I"m hoping for better development of Biblia in the future, but glad we have this now.

Posts 8602
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2013 6:32 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Just picked up a Samsung Chromebook
Kevin don't forget the deprecated but still functional http://library.logos.com You can run passage guides from there and open the links in new tabs via ctrl+click.  

I'm still running the original CR-48 from the chrome beta and use that option somewhat regularly.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2747
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2013 9:07 PM

TCBlack:

Kevin A. Purcell:
Just picked up a Samsung Chromebook
Kevin don't forget the deprecated but still functional http://library.logos.com You can run passage guides from there and open the links in new tabs via ctrl+click.  

I'm still running the original CR-48 from the chrome beta and use that option somewhat regularly.

Thanks. Didn't think about that.

Wonder why companies replace old products with less functional new ones? Apple, Google, Microsot and Logos all do this repeatedly.

If I were in charge of a software company I'd have to be pulled kicking and screaming into a software release where the new product did less than the old unless the feature was something that almost no one used.

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS