Error Report - Typo

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 15 2011 11:33 AM

How can I correctly report this? I tried to report a typo, but the tool does not permit it.

This is from Edersheim's Bible History Old Testament. The link goes to Genesis 37 correctly, however the text indicates Chapter 27.

See screen shot for illustration.

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 12:31 PM

What do you mean by "the tool does not permit it"?  I tried right-clicking on GEN. XXVII.-XXXIX. and it brought up the right-click menu, from which I was able to select Report Typo, and this is what it looked like:

Fixed the XXVII to XXXVII and clicked Submit, and it worked. (I received the email saying a typo had been received and logged.)

So I'm not sure what wasn't working for you. I still want to know if there's a problem we should be troubleshooting, but as for needing to report the typo that's no longer a concern since I've reported it for you.

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 1:26 PM

Not sure why I could not bring up the menu, but thanks for submitting the post. If I have any further problems, I will pursue that, but for now, I'll assume it was some sort of glitch -

Thanks

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 15 2011 1:45 PM

It is sometimes tricky to bring up the menu on a hyperlink if you're trying to select the text first, because clicking to do the selection will jump to where the hyperlink is pointing to. However for something like this, I didn't bother selecting just the "XXVII" -- I just right clicked on the whole hyperlink and correct only the part that needed correcting.

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2011 3:27 PM

Thanks

Posts 23
Conquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:01 AM

It doesn't do it for me either - right click does NOT bring up 'report typo'. Any suggestions? 

The second word in Hebrew BHS Ps 119: 16 should be 1st person singular, it is tagged as plural. 

Posts 23
Conquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:03 AM

It doesn't work for me either. Right click  produces a menu, but 'report typo' isn't there. Ps 119:16 second word is a 1st person singular, not plural as the BHS has it tagged. 

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 5:07 AM

Conquer:

It doesn't work for me either. Right click  produces a menu, but 'report typo' isn't there. Ps 119:16 second word is a 1st person singular, not plural as the BHS has it tagged. 

That could happen if you have "Use Internet" set to "No" in Tools > Program Settings. The "report typo" command requires Internet usage so it is not available if you're not allowing Logos to connect to the Internet.

Posts 23
Conquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 1:12 PM

I checked, but "Use Internet" is set to "yes" and still "Report typo" does not appear on right click. Also, I'm on air to the web, no problem with other internet access. Any further ideas? 

By the way, great dog, Rosie! 

Posts 25270
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 2:41 PM

Conquer:
I checked, but "Use Internet" is set to "yes" and still "Report typo" does not appear on right click.

Choose Selection on the right side to reveal Report Typo.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 23
Conquer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:51 PM

Aha, so that's the trick! Great screen grab. How do you post those on here? Thanks a ton, Dave!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 3:59 PM

Conquer:
Aha, so that's the trick! Great screen grab. How do you post those on here?

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 25270
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 20 2012 8:50 PM

Conquer:

Aha, so that's the trick! Great screen grab. How do you post those on here? Thanks a ton, Dave!

On PC I use the Alt+PrtScr to get a screen/window shot and then a free tool called IrfanView to cut out the area of interest, add captions and save as a small GIF file.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 12:02 AM

Conquer:
By the way, great dog, Rosie! 

Thanks, that's my black lab Cricket. She was my beloved companion for 17 years (really remarkable for a lab!), and died three years ago. I haven't gotten around to changing my avatar to a more up-to-date picture, but I love that one anyway.

Posts 40
Stéphane Kapitaniuk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 2:35 AM

@Dave

Thanks for helping me with this! That is most probably the problem with most of the situations where I couldn't report a typo. I'll also experiment about the possibility to do it with or without Internet.

Stéphane

Posts 28022
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 11 2012 5:27 AM

Stéphanie - you will need internet when you want to report the typo.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS