Free Tool: QuickLink

Page 2 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 89 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 10:57 AM

Gerald Rodgers:
Interested in your comments and any help you can offer please.

Did you try and follow the installation instruction on this website: Installing QL ? Please use this new update.

What country do you live in? (for knowing your timezone)
Could you leave your email address in the form of (you at mailprovider dot com) in a reply to this post, then i can contact you via email. Be sure when leaving your email that you follow the form mentioned so spam bots don't get your email address.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 11:09 AM

Thanks Martin, Praiser, & Tes!

Hope you enjoy it. You might want to check the QL Top Page for updates from time to time.

Posts 8698
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 11:33 AM

Thank  YOU for your work, Steve. I hope you don't over-interpret the pattern of responses as 'not interested' etc. In my case, as I first read your thread and then later, each time I re-thought my work flow and how it would fit in. I suspect Bible study is a slow incrementing of habits, as new possibilities show up. Thank you, again!

Posts 140
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 12:28 PM

Hi Steve

Uninstalled old program & reinstalled new one with Logos 4 open but still the same problem. Nothing on the desktop or in notification bar & as well program came up with the same error message: program stopped working. Here is my email address: gr42@mail.dot.com. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Just to say I followed the new instructions to the letter.

Regards

Gerald

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 1:29 PM

Gerald Rodgers:
Here is my email address:

Gerald, got it. Now please edit the above post of yours and delete the email address!!

EDIT: your email address did not work.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 1:57 PM

steve clark:
I guess there is not much interest in this program

Hi Steve,

I bet there are lots of people who downloaded it and it worked. It is a much needed addition, one that I have asked for many times (don't let my post count fool you, it was reset recently) as well as on user voice too.

I am having the crash right after launching. It installed, but did not create the desktop link. I created a shortcut, copied it into the L4 task bar and launched from there. I will try the new version in a bit. I am tight for time so it will not happen for a few hours.

I am running it on vista.

I will touch base later.

Again, thanks.

Clinton

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 2:07 PM

Clint and Gerald,

pop me an email to admin at clark-tx dot net
This will get to my email box without the spam getting me.

please describe your problems

Posts 2716
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 2:08 PM

Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

What is interesting is: I opened a scripture verse from Word document, when I clicked on it; it opened my standard Bible version and linked to the next alphabet which was free, no disorder on my layout. I can study simultaneously five different topics. I am very excited.

God bless you Steve.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 796
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 2:09 PM

Thank you for providing this very useful tool, I have installed it on a Windows 7 machine and it works fine. I'm glad you went to the trouble of producing the video because I didn't really see how useful this would be until I saw it in action.

Posts 22532
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 2:55 PM

steve clark:
i added function to close QL when it senses that L4 has closed. i also added a lot more 'On Error' handling as well as improved details in the Logfile.

The update works well. Thanks, Steve.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3
Dino | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 6:32 PM

Steve, Dean here. I’ve been following the different postings for some time now but have never interacted with any till now. Thank you for the time you have invested in this tool. After seeing the video I understand how it works. I'm impressed with it and will be using it. I would hope that as more folks see the value the more hits you will get. Please be encouraged that your work has not gone unobserved. May God continue to bless you.

Thanks again, Dean Price

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2011 8:18 PM

Dino:
I’ve been following the different postings for some time now but have never interacted with any till now.

Thank you Sir for taking the time to comment. Thanks for your encouragement!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 18 2011 7:12 AM

Denise Barnhart:
I hope you don't over-interpret the pattern of responses as 'not interested' etc.

First thank you for your response! Your response has helped bring others to leave a response on the post. The idea for this came about a week ago and it took me several days to get it working. Then it took a day or 2 to get it documented and presentable. i was very excited when i got it working and find several uses of the program. Yes i was disappointed when no one else replied to the post. But i decided to go ahead and invest more time to build a webpage for the tool. As it is it takes considerable time to make it presentable for others to use and not so much for my own use. But it seems there are a few of you interested in the program. So as it progresses i will drop a line in this post. i have a few other ideas that i want to pursue. And if they work out i will document and add them to the website.

Thanks again for letting me know it is useful to you!

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 2:49 PM

Clinton Thomas:
I am having the crash right after launching. It installed, but did not create the desktop link. I created a shortcut, copied it into the L4 task bar and launched from there. I will try the new version in a bit. I am tight for time so it will not happen for a few hours.

Clinton,

i tried to email a debug version of QL to you, but your email address quit working. If you email me again i can send you the debug version of QL which should help identify the problem.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 8:57 PM

Hi Steve,

I received the new zip file at 8:06 tonight. It worked fine, so my .net install is probably OK.

Unless gmail was down, my email should still be OK....Unless I am being removed from the NET....

Regards,

Clinton

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 19 2011 9:02 PM

Is anyone running this utility with Logos Beta (4.3 beta 5) under vista?

If so could you let me know?

Thanks,

Clinton

Posts 554
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 10:18 AM

steve clark:
i have built a tool using Visual Basic which works with Logos 4. It allows you to quickly position unlinked resources to that of a linked resource without having to actually link them.

I'm all for finding shortcuts and easier ways of doing things, but I don't get the usefulness of this. Why not just use the Logos links? If I want a resource to go to the location of another, I can just link it to the (link) letter the desired resource is set to and unlink it when I don't want the connection anymore. I admit your way might take a few less mouse clicks. Did I overlook something?

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 10:45 AM

Hi Jim,

Jim:
I'm all for finding shortcuts and easier ways of doing things, but I don't get the usefulness of this. Why not just use the Logos links?

There are a couple of things that come to mind and i am guessing that you already watched the short video demo on the website.

A.  Often i will have one or more Bibles open and studying a scripture passage.
      And i will have a commentary open as well. If i am reading in the commentary and scroll down it as i am reading it moves my Bible location as i scroll the commentary. And i often want & do refer to the Bible passage when seeing what the commentator had to say to see if i agreed with their comments. Using the QL tool allows me to locate the commentary to the passage without linking the commentary. Then if i scroll around i still can view my Bible passage as i read through the commentary without interruption.

B. Often i will have multiple Bibles open to related scripture passages which occur in different Bible books or other parts of the same Bible book.
     In this case using QL allows me to jump in my commentary to any of the above Bible books so that i can review what a commentary says on that particular passage. Yes QL doesn't do this with multi-volume commentaries (L4's API for navigating does not automatically pull up the associated passage with the right series commentary, not much i can do there).

These are just a couple of uses that i have for QL. The few others that i have spoken with have found QL useful too. This may not suit your needs and i can appreciate that. But if you haven't watched the short video i made, then i would encourage you to view it if you have any interest in alternate linking methods as you implied.

Thanks for your comment!

EDIT: for the link to the QL website, see QLinks below in my signature.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2011 7:43 PM

If you have multiple computers with Logos 4 installed, you may have noticed problems with the Helper App shortcuts in your Logos 4 shortcuts bar not functioning in your other computers.

There is a method explained on this webpage: Helper App shortcuts in Logos 4 on multiple computers which will have them working on each of your computers.

Posts 1576
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 22 2011 12:19 PM

Thanks for your work.

But my eyes cannot follow the cursor fast enough to even figure out what is happening. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I agree. But without some words I'm just not "getting" it.

[But thanks for all you are doing on the forums]

Regards, SteveF

Page 2 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.