Zondervan Exegitical Commentaries - individual volumes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 23 2011 12:27 PM

A few days ago I perused the commentary on Matthew by Grant Osborne that is part of the new Zondervan Exegitical Commentary on teh New Testament series. Looks very helpful and valuable. I would like to add it to my resource coolection ASAP. But, unless I've lost my touch when it comes to searches, it looks like it is only available in Logos if purchsed as part of Zondervan Commentary bundle. This appears to be the case with other volumes in the series as well, including a tempting commentary on Galatians by Thomas Schreiner that hit the streets in 11/2010.

Is that true (i.e., volumes in the series is not available separately in Logos)?

Posts 9078
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 23 2011 1:00 PM

That collection is certainly a strange one and I imagine the two exegetical commentaries would sell very well if unbundled. It may be a Zondervan restriction.

Perhaps someone from Logos could let us know the status and whether these could be offered separately.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 2:17 PM

Me, too.  I would definitely buy them (and the Africa Commentary volumes, as well as Genesis) if they were available separately, but contrary to most I'm not a fan of Charles Swindoll. It struck me as a strange grouping when this collection was released.

Posts 276
Mark Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 8:35 PM

I would love to see the individual volumes of ZECNT made available also.  Or if the ZECVT series was made available by itself (i.e. not in a bundle with other series or individual works).

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:20 PM

Mark Smith:
That collection is certainly a strange one and I imagine the two exegetical commentaries would sell very well if unbundled.

YesYes

That is an excellent series, but the collection that it's in doesn't make any sense. I don't see anyone buying that assortment by choice.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:26 PM

I was excited when I saw Carson & Moo's Intro to the New Testament by itself and on sale.  It seems counterproductive for Logos, Zondervan, and the customer to allow 1 resource to be purchased by itself when to obtain any of the other offered commentaries you would need to repurchase the aforementioned resource.  I would think this would prevent nearly everyone from buying any of the collections unless a discount could be given.

The odd way in which Zondervan has packaged its collections causes me to believe they haven't invested much time into how buying resources in Logos works.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS