BUG: Annoying Library behaviour

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 24 2011 11:07 AM

1) I had the Library opened like this:

2) Wanted to switch to Greek. The library collapsed:

3) Expanded the Bible section, found far too many for convenience, and therefore added -earliest. The library collapsed again:

4) Expanded the Bible section a second time, still found too many, and therefore added -mytag:lxx as well. The library collapsed yet again:

5) Expanded the Bible section a third time, and could finally start what I intended to do.

Not quite as annoying as a couple of dozen other bugs, but annoying enough. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 11:48 AM

This is the expected behavior for that sort view, but I'll submit an inquiry to see if that can be changed.

In the meantime, it might work better for a case like this to have the library sorted by something other than Type (like Title) and first enter type:Bible in the entry field.  Sorting by a field that does not collapse the entries will prevent the undesired behavior from occurring. 

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 11:58 AM

Took me awhile to realize what was causing the collapse. Finally noticed that you are sorting by Type. If you change that to another field, you won't get the collapse.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 12:11 PM

Tonya J Ross:
I'll submit an inquiry to see if that can be changed

Thanks.

Tonya J Ross:
In the meantime, it might work better for a case like this to have the library sorted by something other than Type (like Title) and first enter type:Bible in the entry field.  Sorting by a field that does not collapse the entries will prevent the undesired behavior from occurring. 

I know, but I wanted to look at all Greek resources, one type after another, and this should have been the easiest way of doing that. (I was researching what resources have Equivalent Resources buttons for another post, as you have already seen in another thread.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 1:09 PM

Tonya J Ross:
This is the expected behavior for that sort view, but I'll submit an inquiry to see if that can be changed.

Please have them add right-click options to the expandable sections too:  Expand All & Collapse All.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 3:23 PM

Todd Phillips:
Please have them add right-click options to the expandable sections too:  Expand All & Collapse All.

I have sent in your request for consideration.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2011 3:36 PM

Todd Phillips:

Tonya J Ross:

Likewise wish Library had search analysis style grouping (e.g. Type, Language, MyTag) with Expand All & Collapse All.

Observation: search results has Expand All & Collapse All on PC (missing on Mac), noted in Feature Parity list.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 4 2012 5:32 AM

13 months later this behaviour still remains.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 4 2012 5:41 AM

fgh:

13 months later this behaviour still remains.

Logos 4.5c is consistent on Mac and PC when Library is sorted by Type: changing search causes all sections to collapse.

Thankful for Logos adding expand all and collapse all to Logos 4 Mac search results.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 9:36 AM

Happy to see this bug gone with the new Library design. And Todd got his Expand All / Collapse All as well. Though you forgot to tell us about it.Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 10:41 AM

fgh:

Happy to see this bug gone with the new Library design. And Todd got his Expand All / Collapse All as well. Though you forgot to tell us about it.Smile

Who's the "you" that forgot?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 11:38 AM

Logos. They usually post in the original thread, and they usually do it when it's fixed in the beta. (For which I'm immensely grateful; it makes it so much easier to keep track of which bugs are supposed to be fixed and which aren't.)

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS