CRASH: 4.3 Beta 6: Compiling PBB [with copyright symbol in the copyright line]

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 19307
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:42 AM | Locked

Logos crashed in the middle of compiling a PBB from a Word .docx file.

Crash log and other logs:

Here's what was open when it happened, in case that matters:

I could include the .docx file here but then I'd have to shoot you. The book in question is copyrighted and I downloaded it for my own use from a website that I have subscription access to. Seriously, though, if you need the book in order to reproduce the crash, I could probably email it to you (tell me where to send it) if you promise not to do anything else with it and delete it after fixing the bug. (But better yet, work with the publisher to bring it out in Logos format for others to have access to!)

It's Andrew Louth's The Origins of the Christian Mystical Tradition from Plato to Denys. It is 131 pages in Word, has a 2-column section at the end which is the Index, has lots of footnotes, has a table in it (the table of contents), and has some hyperlink fields in it (the page numbers in the TOC). Other than that I can't think of anything unique and odd about it that isn't also in another book which I was able to compile with no problem.

EDIT: Further notes...

After I restarted Logos after the crash and opened Personal Books, it told me this book was "Last Built Today" but the compilation never completed (due to the crash) and the book is not in my library. So it shouldn't say "Last Built Today."

I was able to reproduce the crash with a simpler case (opening Logos to a blank layout, then Tools > Personal Books, Edit this particular book, and Build book. Here's the log for that:

Here's the info pane for this book before compiling:

EDIT: Further information...

Wow, I narrowed it down by progressively deleting stuff from the .docx file until there was nothing left but this: 6505.The Origins of the Christian Mystical Tradition (Andrew Louth).docx, and I still got the crash.

I then edited one more thing: I removed the copyright field which said " Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE © Andrew Louth 2007" and tried compiling again, and this time it worked without a crash! So that appears to have been the culprit. I created a new Personal Book with just a copyright symbol in that copyright line and that caused the crash. So I've updated the subject line to reflect this.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:19 PM | Locked

This issue has been added to the 'Known Issues' section of the release notes and reported to Development:

Thanks for tracking down the culprit! 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS