Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:37 PM

I'm not sure you need a walkthrough.  As I read your description it sounds like you're doing everything you should.  But it also sounds like you're missing some common resources like Biblical people, Infographics for example. 

What library do you have?  Is it an L3 library and you just did the minimal crossgrade?  If that's the case that would explain the lack of extra "stuff". 

Let's settle this before I build a walkthrough.  I want to, but I don't want to waste your time.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:40 PM

Thomas Black:
Let's settle this before I build a walkthrough.  I want to, but I don't want to waste your time.

I want a walkthrough. This I've gotta see.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:36 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Me too, please Thomas...

Posts 48
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:37 PM

In a handout I would like to be able to insert my marked up text, including highlights and underlinings and notes. 

Posts 1420
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 6:58 PM

I gave up on  the handouts two weeks ago. (beta or no beta, I have a life).

When I want a Word search puzzle I fire up L3 and copy and paste into Word.

Its still not perfect but at least it works.

I can live without all the fancy styles/backgrounds and  I can usually make something in under three minutes..

And I know it will print properly.

This feature should have waited in line behind Sermon Files, PBB's and a few other things like "optimization."

It's not fair to the developers, Logos' reputation, or the blood pressure readings of the beta-testers..

my "two cents"

Steve

Regards, SteveF - HP EliteBook 8740w i7-Q720 1.6GHZ 12G RAM Win 7 Pro (x64) 500G@7200 nVidia QUADRO FX3800M - Logos 2 Level 3, L3 Scholar's, L4 Scholar's Gold, L5 Gold

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:51 PM

Damian McGrath:

Philip Spitzer:

Me too, please Thomas...

Heh you guys are turning into trollbait.  I'll try to put one together after my sermons for Sunday are done.

Posts 116
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 8:32 AM

Thomas Black:

I'm not sure you need a walkthrough.  As I read your description it sounds like you're doing everything you should.  But it also sounds like you're missing some common resources like Biblical people, Infographics for example. 

What library do you have?  Is it an L3 library and you just did the minimal crossgrade?  If that's the case that would explain the lack of extra "stuff". 

In L3 I have the Pastor's Library and the basic Scolars Library (not Silver or Gold). Yes, I appear to be missing Biblical People, Places and Things as well as Lectionaries. Will upgrading to the Scholars version in L4 (probrably a pipe dream as I have been in the hospital 5 times this year and all my financial resources are dedicated to keeping the wolf from the door) give me what I need? Do you have any idea what other tools of resources I might gain by upgtading?

Even though my problem appears to be due to using the free download of the L4 engine instead of the one that comes with the upgrade, I still would appeciate a walkthrough to get an idea what I might eventually be able to do with handouts.

Thanks,

Michael

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 9:44 AM

RevMichaelLBurns:
In L3 I have the Pastor's Library and the basic Scolars Library (not Silver or Gold).
Um... Did you buy them both, or upgrade from PL to Scholars?  At any rate if you have an L3 collection that will explain the diffrences you're seeing.

RevMichaelLBurns:
ill upgrading to the Scholars version in L4 (probrably a pipe dream as I have been in the hospital 5 times this year and all my financial resources are dedicated to keeping the wolf from the door) give me what I need? Do you have any idea what other tools of resources I might gain by upgtading?
Well it depends on what you need.  If you need what's in infographics and in the diffrences then yes. 

Check out http://www.logos.com/upgrade to see what your personal upgrade price will be, as well as to consult a chart on package differences.  Note especially on that chart the "NEW" flags under Scholars which will tell you what resources are new to that particular level collection .  In other words the "NEW" tags under scholars will inform you what you'll get new in exchange for your upgrade price.

I'll work on a handout walkthrough for you.  (and for Philip, Robert and Damian's raw amusement.)

Would you like to see a particular passage?

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:02 AM

Thomas Black:

I would like to see you do a genealogy.

Posts 116
Rev. Michael L. Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 11:37 AM

Thomas Black:

RevMichaelLBurns:
In L3 I have the Pastor's Library and the basic Scolars Library (not Silver or Gold).
Um... Did you buy them both, or upgrade from PL to Scholars?  At any rate if you have an L3 collection that will explain the diffrences you're seeing.

RevMichaelLBurns:
ill upgrading to the Scholars version in L4 (probrably a pipe dream as I have been in the hospital 5 times this year and all my financial resources are dedicated to keeping the wolf from the door) give me what I need? Do you have any idea what other tools of resources I might gain by upgtading?
Well it depends on what you need.  If you need what's in infographics and in the diffrences then yes. 

Check out http://www.logos.com/upgrade to see what your personal upgrade price will be, as well as to consult a chart on package differences.  Note especially on that chart the "NEW" flags under Scholars which will tell you what resources are new to that particular level collection .  In other words the "NEW" tags under scholars will inform you what you'll get new in exchange for your upgrade price.

I'll work on a handout walkthrough for you.  (and for Philip, Robert and Damian's raw amusement.)

Thomas, I bought bith L3 collections at different times, retail nor upgtads. I would like to see the walkthrough on something like Rom. 1:1-7 which ahppens ro be what i'm studying at present. Thanks, Michael
Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 11:49 AM

Thomas Black:

This simple handout took me at least 15 minutes, I edited most of that out.  Optimize, optimize, optimize.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:29 PM

RevMichaelLBurns:
Thomas, I bought bith L3 collections at different times, retail nor upgtads. I would like to see the walkthrough on something like Rom. 1:1-7 which ahppens ro be what i'm studying at present. Thanks, Michael
Oh, Sorry Michael.  I did the Luke one before I noticed your post. 

Let me know if you have any questions though.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:35 PM

Thomas Black:

Oh, Sorry Michael.  I did the Luke one before I noticed your post. 

Let me know if you have any questions though.

Wow. A genealogy handout didn't even get consideration....I feel so sad....

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:36 PM

You didn't watch the video, you got an honorable mention.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:42 PM

Thomas Black:

You didn't watch the video, you got an honorable mention.

Big Smile

I started watching it but got bored with the first "be patient"

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:43 PM

And by the way.....

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:47 PM

Thomas Black:
Phil the sniper

I had the screen set up to refresh every 15 sec while I studied and I occasionally looked up. as soon as I hit the capture on snag it it froze it. The REALLY sad part is my wife called right when you turned from 65 to 66.....and I still got it....actually, the sad part is that I even tried.

Posts 7119
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 12:50 PM

Philip.  You need a life.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 1:01 PM

Thomas Black:

Philip.  You need a life.

To be honest, I've had a hard time concentrating ever since Dezarae (our foster baby for 4 months) left. Today we got the last check from the state for her.

Page 2 of 3 (58 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS