Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33789
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 7 2011 11:07 PM | Locked

The code Rosie highlighted in a more readable form:

<w:r w:rsidRPr="00FC1D67">
                <w:rPr>
                    <w:rFonts w:ascii="Ebrima" w:hAnsi="Ebrima" w:cstheme="minorHAnsi"/>
                    <w:sz w:val="24"/>
                    <w:szCs w:val="24"/>
                </w:rPr>
                <w:t>1 Tim</w:t>
            </w:r>
            <w:r w:rsidR="00FC1D67" w:rsidRPr="00FC1D67">
                <w:t>othy</w:t>
            <w:proofErr w:type="gramEnd"/>
            <w:r w:rsidRPr="00FC1D67">
                <w:t xml:space="preserve"> 5:22</w:t>
            <w:r w:rsidR="00F25FC3" w:rsidRPr="00FC1D67">
                <w:t xml:space="preserve"> </w:t>
        </w:p>

Two files I compiled tonight have similar unnecessary garbage in the .docx but they both processed correctly. I ran both your file and my Coptic Ruth commentary file through Stylus Studio which declared both of them to be well-formed XML. Notice that is "well-formed" not "elegant" and I didn't run a validation process

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25343
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2011 12:39 AM | Locked

I just typed in one of the paragraphs from Steve's original document (as below)

"The leaders and congregation examined the character of the men in the fellowship to see who had the necessary spiritual qualifications. Godly character was the main quality required. Acts 6:1-5; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-9 in Acts 6 we find that the requirement was to find 7 honest men filled with the Holy Spirit and wisdom. in the Pastoral Epistles we find a comprehensive list of qualities that can be seen in someone who is filled with the Holy Spirit."

3162.test ranges.docx

This results in a PBB file as below:

As you can see, the "1 Timothy" string has moved, even though to a different place in the paragraph.

So this is a new document - one that I just typed in - that demonstrates the problem.

The associated XML (generated by Word) is below:

0434.test ranges xml.txt

I don't know how to analyse XML documents but hopefully this fragment will help track this issue down.

Graham

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 8 2011 2:36 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
Mark? Graham? Do you have any ideas on how to proceed from here?

I think the only sensible thing to do is to wait for Logos to improve the parser to deal with this sort of thing. It's exactly the same issue that causes problems with milestones and tags, which is so widespread they'll have to fix it.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS