Please Give Your Posts Clear Subject Headings

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:47 PM

May I suggest (not wanting to draw the wrath of the Mac users Smile) that those posting Mac related posts begin their post's subjects with the word "Mac:"

Could people please indicated whether they are posting a Bug in the subject heading "BUG:" or "BUG?:" This will help the tech staff who have to wade through a thousand posts.

Could everyone please use more descriptive subjects than "Logos 4". 

Thank you.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:50 PM

Shouldn't your heading be COMPLAINT: please give your posts clear subject headings? :-)

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:52 PM

LOL.

Actually "SUGG:" would be correct.

Though "PLEA DOWN ON BENDED KNEE FROM CONSTANTLY REOPENING THREADS I HAVE NO INTEREST IN:" would be the "Clearest"

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:54 PM

Ugh... I can't believe I opened this thread!

;)

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:02 PM

Damian McGrath:
May I suggest (not wanting to draw the wrath of the Mac users Smile) that those posting Mac related posts begin their post's subjects with the word "Mac:"
You can suggest it, but there is a better one.

If folks are using the Alpha version of Mac, post here

http://community.logos.com/forums/75.aspx

If folks have questions about Mac 1.0, post here

http://community.logos.com/forums/46.aspx

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:03 PM

Damian McGrath:
Though "PLEA DOWN ON BENDED KNEE FROM CONSTANTLY REOPENING THREADS I HAVE NO INTEREST IN:" would be the "Clearest"
If that is the case, can you please put DAMIAN MCGRATH in your subject line... LOL  Just a little humor brother.  I still love ya' :-)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:06 PM

Joe Miller:

Damian McGrath:

This doesn't help me with the way I review posts. But its my job to double check the thread I jump to. However a column in the "unread posts in all forums" view that lists the forum of the post would be EXTREMELY helpful to me.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 6:09 PM

Joe Miller:

Damian McGrath:

Joe,

I appreciate the reminder about people posting in the correct place.

The problem for me is that I use the "Not Read" function from the front page. This aggregates all posts from all the subforums. I find this the easiest way to drill through 3 pages of posts/threads when I wake up in Oz after a day has passed in the US. 

Unfortunately, there is no indication there which subforums posts belong to... Though, you are able to see my posts and quickly open them and close them again without reading so as to avoid heartburn :)

I have recently suggested that they add a column indicating which subforum each thread belongs to... This would also make the task easier...

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:27 PM

I see what you are suggesting, but putting MAC in every heading is not a good solution because everyone wont do it, and why should Mac posts have to add that.  

I think your column solution is better.

For me, I just subscribe to the forums I want, and read them in threaded discussions using my email software.  This is much easier if you have that option.

Also notice that my email does have the forum in the second line of the body.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:38 PM

Joe Miller:

I see what you are suggesting, but putting MAC in every heading is not a good solution because everyone wont do it, and why should Mac posts have to add that.  

Well, nothings obligatory - it was more simply because it's a smaller group of users.... I could have asked the same for iPhone (maybe I should have)....

With the deluge of posts, I actually thought it might help the techs to quickly know what posts are about (esp. when they are in the wrong section). It also helps the readers to respond to the correct threads....

I suppose I should give subscribing to forums a go - I remember problems with it at the beginning - I'm not sure how it will work with Gmail... 

Though the fact that the email has the forum in the body of the message doesn't simplify things terribly... I'd like to be able to delete some / mark some as read without opening them - it;s why I originally suggested an extra column and a mark all as read button on the "Not Read"page.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2009 9:56 PM

One solution would be to have the Forum software insert something into the Subject line after it is submitted.  This way, there would be consistency and not rely on new users learning a specific convention.  

I don't really spend any time on the Forums except to post, so it doe not bug me.  I have my Mail program automatically read each email and put it into a designated folder so I know exactly what each subject is before I read anything.  It really is the most simple solution.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS