Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:46 AM

Which one goes on sale more often?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:26 AM

Michael Anda:

Zip it!  Don't tell me why you are asking but here are my observations:

Harry Ironside seems to have spotty sales of individual titles. It would take forever to gather everything in piecemeal sales. The best savings will be captured in a one-time purchase of The Works of H. A. Ironside (65 vols.) . This holds true for most "Complete Works of" collections. There are always one or two titles that never get offered as stand alone purchases. Or the cost is prohibitive.

Robert A. Morey's works will probably be featured frequently in differing sets. The currently available The Works of Dr. Robert A. Morey (33 vols.)  is a good start but seeing as Morey is a prolific writer (Ironside was too) who is still alive, we can expect many more books if the Lord grants him the time. The Dr. Robert A. Morey Upgrade Collection (6 vols.)  is evidence of this trend.

I have found it helpful to explain to a Logos Sales person what you are trying to accomplish if you are rounding out a collection and trying to maximize your purchasing dollars. There are times when it is just cheaper to get the whole collection at sales price than to buy the remaining third at regular price.

Big Smile I have to tease you here; You DO know the content is quite different between the two authors, don't you?  I like them both.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:59 AM

Love 'em both too.  I consider Morey to be a guilty pleasure, however.  Geeked

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 12:06 PM

Michael Anda:

Michael I don't really care when stuff goes on sale, but sometimes I get stuff on the sale price. I like both authors. I get resources based upon what I need to accomplish. My minor is in apologetics. So, naturally I will get Dr. Morey's stuff before Ironsides. There is more apologetical stuff coming from Dr. Morey. Ironside stuff is more commentary. I like what both authors have to say, but first I will get Moreys then Ironsides because I am into apologetics. Think about why you want a resource without thinking the cost. That should make it easier then.

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 12:37 PM

Ironside's "holiness, the false and the true" is one of the best books that I have ever read, a true classic. Despite the fact that he was really not very nice to A.W. Pink (one of my heroes) I have a real soft spot for him. He writes from a very interesting viewpoint that really helps to add light to subjects, more so than his more generic competitors.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 2:50 PM

Who are some of Ironside's 'competitors?'

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 2:53 PM

Michael Anda:

Who are some of Ironside's 'competitors?'

I meant competitors in the sense of any author you would be considering as an alternative to buying Ironsides books

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 2:56 PM

Matthew Hamrick:
Michael I don't really care when stuff goes on sale, but sometimes I get stuff on the sale price. I like both authors.

Both author's packages are on my (mental) wish list.  But buying BOTH right now stretches me beyond my comfort level.  Lord willing, I hope to have both one day.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 3:02 PM

Mike Pettit:
I meant competitors in the sense of any author you would be considering as an alternative to buying Ironsides books

Robert A. Morey strikes me as being everything BUT generic.  Geeked

Ironside will be my meat and potatoes, and Morey will be my Bananas Foster.  Or something to that effect. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 8:15 PM

Michael Anda:
Robert A. Morey strikes me as being everything BUT generic.  Geeked

Ironside will be my meat and potatoes, and Morey will be my Bananas Foster.  Or something to that effect. 

Ha!    Good description.   
When I want something warm and filling I get Ironside's "meat & potatos"  When I want desert, Morey is nice.

And remember those Sunday dinners where you had the meat & potatoes AND dessert?     Sunday is coming!

Whisper  whisper, whisper   ,  Buy Morey first. Harry will understand.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:15 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Whisper  whisper, whisper   ,  Buy Morey first. Harry will understand.

Oh, the temptation is there all right.  I also want the Martyn Lloyd-Jones Ephesians Commentary now on sale.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:24 PM

What I'd REALLY like to see go on sale this week is the Christian Apologetics Bundle (94 vols.) which includes the Morey collection.  THAT I would, in ALL likelihood, succumb to.  Now, enough with the temptation talk.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:53 PM

Michael Anda:

What I'd REALLY like to see go on sale this week is the Christian Apologetics Bundle (94 vols.) which includes the Morey collection.  THAT I would, in ALL likelihood, succumb to.  Now, enough with the temptation talk.

You do know the bundled price is already saving you a bundle, don't you?   If you call and ask Sales, they might be able to shave a little more. I just don't know. I do know they have never raised the price when I ask.  Maybe somebody will see your post and arrange a sale price for Forum Week.

Posts 493
Michael Anda | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:24 PM

Forum Week has been discounting already discounted Logos titles.  I'm JUST saying this would be a GREAT title to offer in their current promotion.  Geeked  

Posts 62
Lester Busald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:14 PM

Ironside is my favorite for commentaries.  A while back I was able to get a discount from my sales rep.  You might want to call and see if they can give you a sale price on it.  They gave me a price of 219.99 and it is selling for 354.95.  That was a tremendous break.

You never know what they might say.

Les

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS