Misdirected links in NIGTC Philippians

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2458
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 23 2011 7:48 AM

I discovered some misdirected links this morning  in the section for Philippians 2:10-11. They were apparently meant for Isaiah 45 which is the passage cited in the text, but since there are only verse numbers without the chapter, the links go back to Philippians 2. The ones I spotted cite verse 22 and 23. I don't know if this a case where someone makes an assumption in crafting the link, but when you activate the link, you know it doesn't fit the context. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 7:52 AM

Michael,

Normally when I find these I select It and use the report typo function.  I then include a brief explanation in the comment section.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 138
Steve Caswell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 3:47 PM

Michael, I checked out the link on my computer and it jumps me straight to Isaiah 45:23. My default bible is the NKJV. Are you using a different translation?

Steve Caswell

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:01 AM

Steve Caswell:
Michael, I checked out the link on my computer and it jumps me straight to Isaiah 45:23. My default bible is the NKJV. Are you using a different translation?

There are several links, some work correctly, some don't. The problem Michael describes occurs particularly with references that are not written out in full, but just say v.22 or v.24, etc. There are some in the third paragraph below the Isaiah quote, and some more in the sixth.

Posts 2458
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2011 7:05 PM

I guess because these weren't strictly typos I didn't think to use the report typo function. Maybe we need a new word like linko for this. I'll use the report typo function from here on out. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS