Libronix, how come....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 74
Stephen Chaffer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 23 2011 9:52 AM

Hi my name is Stephen Chaffer from the borders of Scotland and England >>Carlisle<<

First visit here, A couple of weeks ago now I tried to install my Libronix software that I used 10 years ago on my PC; I have a Macbook Pro, so I looked for Libronix for my Mac; I came to Logos 4; I think this is where I was able to download a Libronix software, I log on my old email address and the one I have now, through that I was able to download Spurgeon, Pink, and a number of other books into Libronix's for the Mac.

I did some enquiries to Logos, they where able to see that I owned these Libronix books and that they registered to my email address, I sent the code to access them over the internet [that's how I was able to download the books.]. (I was able to use the books, but not the papers that came along with the Libronix Windows 2000).

I have been able to go back to the original website where I bought my Libronix books from www.

I purchased Logos 4, and the libronix books work well in L4. Can anyone explain how they were able to access my collection that was on PC format installation disks, yet I cannot access other books that are available elsewhere on the internet that provide books for the PC, but not a Mac? If, I can use 10 year old books I bought on my Mac now, is there away for other books. By the way L4 is excellent piece of software.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to do, and look forward to any help rendered

Posts 10805
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:02 AM

Welcome, Stephen

Stephen Chaffer:
I purchased Logos 4, and the libronix books work well in L4. Can anyone explain how they were able to access my collection that was on PC format installation disks, yet I cannot access other books that are available elsewhere on the internet that provide books for the PC, but not a Mac?

Are these other books Libronix or Logos? Are they for some other Bible software?

Posts 24026
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:03 AM

Hi Stephen - and welcome to the forums

If I understand you correctly, Logos didn't actually access your PC format installation disks. Rather they used the licence information you provided to update your account which caused the resources which they maintain on their services to be downloaded to your computer.

Are the other resources  you trying to access Libronix formatted?

Graham

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:08 AM

Stephen Chaffer:
I hope you can understand what I'm trying to do, and look forward to any help rendered

I think I might understand what you are talking about. It is possible you are referring to PBBs (Personal Book Builder editions) Those are books created by end users and uploaded to various sites such as StillTruth.com  If that is indeed what you are talking about they are not compatible with Logos 4. They can only be read in Libronix with a reader that was included in most base packages. We are looking forward to having PBBs in Logos 4 but do not know all the details yet. We do know the old Libronix version of PBB will not be compatible in Logos 4.

As for knowing what titles you own; That is one of the benefits of Logos. Once you have purchased a title, you own it. If you switch from PC to Mac you do not have to buy it again. If you get an iPad you can read much of your library on it without repurchasing anything you already have registered in your account. This forward-thinking ideology has not yet caught on with all publishers and some titles are held back from mobile apps due to copyright holders' reluctance.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8659
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:08 AM

Stephen Chaffer:
Can anyone explain how they were able to access my collection that was on PC format installation disks, yet I cannot access other books that are available elsewhere on the internet that provide books for the PC, but not a Mac?

It sounds like, having formerly owned Libronix on PC, that you have since upgraded to Logos 4 on Mac.  Further it sounds like your original collection of books did transfer to your new Mac.  Is that correct?

Assuming you kept your Libronix license syncronized with the servers (In Libronix:  Tools →  Library Management →  Synchronize Licenses.) your licenses for Libronix will automatically port over to Logos 4 - whether on Mac or pc.

Stephen Chaffer:
yet I cannot access other books that are available elsewhere on the internet that provide books for the PC, but not a Mac?
I am not sure what you mean by this.  Do you mean you can buy a Libronix package or book elsewhere and it doesn't show up in Logos 4 mac?  If so it is merely a case of your license not being updated - Logos Customer support can help you with that.

If there's something else I can help - or clarify please respond and I/we will do our best.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 74
Stephen Chaffer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:35 AM

Thank you for your reply

Libronix that L4 could see I owned were downloaded, there some books I owned on the Libronix PC have not been able to download, If I own them why some of the books were not available. Is there a place to request access for them, I have looked on the web, but, no results. Thanks SC

Posts 24026
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:40 AM

Stephen

The books that didn't transfer across - did you purchase them from Logos or from a third-party?

If it's so long ago you can't remember, can you give some examples of books which didn't transfer across?

Graham

Posts 74
Stephen Chaffer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:41 AM

Christian books that I used on Libronix PC, I have other books that are not Christian books, if the Christian books worked, why not the others?

I'l use your idea of putting Libronix on my Mac and use [Libronix:  Tools →  Library Management →  Synchronize Licenses]

Thanks so much

SC

Posts 8659
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:44 AM

Stephen Chaffer:
Christian books that I used on Libronix PC, I have other books that are not Christian books, if the Christian books worked, why not the others?

I'm wondering if by "not Christian books' you are indicating something other than logos format books, perhaps PDF's or STEP compatible?  In which case those are not Logos books, nor Libronix and will not port over.

Do you have a specific example?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:55 AM

Stephen Chaffer:

I'l use your idea of putting Libronix on my Mac and use [Libronix:  Tools →  Library Management →  Synchronize Licenses]

Thanks so much

SC

Could you give the names of one or more of the books that are not downloading?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS