4.3 Beta 9 Crash opening a resource

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:13 PM | Locked

This has never happened to me and as far as I can tell its only on one resource. I have That's Easy for You to Say: Your Quick Guide to Pronouncing Bible Names on my shortcut bar. When I click on it Logos crashes. This happened a few times so I loaded my library and tried to load the resource from there. Logos crashed. As far as I can tell this is the only resource I have that crashes. Everything else I have used today seems to open. Here is my crash log.

26700.Logos4Crash.txt

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:33 PM | Locked

Matthew Hamrick:

This has never happened to me and as far as I can tell its only on one resource. I have That's Easy for You to Say: Your Quick Guide to Pronouncing Bible Names on my shortcut bar. When I click on it Logos crashes. This happened a few times so I loaded my library and tried to load the resource from there. Logos crashed. As far as I can tell this is the only resource I have that crashes. Everything else I have used today seems to open. Here is my crash log.

26700.Logos4Crash.txt

Your crash file may indicate a bad file, or bad spot on your HD. Hopefully it's just the file.

Try removing and reinstalling the resource by first hiding it (in the Tools>Settings>Hidden Resources), restart Logos (this deletes the resource on the HD. After Logos fully loads unhide it (right click on the hidden resource: "Unhide"). Restart Logos again.

Tell us if that worked.

EDIT: Please let Logos finish redoing its index after removing and before installing, as the issue may be caused by a corrupt index as well. If it happens after doing this, please post all your logs (not just your crash log) as this will give us more information to go on.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 2:10 PM | Locked

This happened for another resource now. I can't drag it to this hidden resources because it crashes when I click on it to drag it. Here is my currently crash log and my logos4 log. I am currently rebuilding the index.

1307.Logos4Crash.txt

2476.Logos4.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 3:13 PM | Locked

Matthew Hamrick:

This happened for another resource now. I can't drag it to this hidden resources because it crashes when I click on it to drag it. Here is my currently crash log and my logos4 log. I am currently rebuilding the index.

1307.Logos4Crash.txt

2476.Logos4.log

Your Logos4 log is from a month ago, so no help there.

Please enable logging by carefully following all the instructions in the link below:

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Then run Logos and see if you can repeat the issue that caused the crash. Make sure to post all  the log files here for review.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:57 PM | Locked

Thanks for your assistance Richard. I deleted the program and went back to the stable version. I'm going to keep it on stable while I am still in Texas. When I get back to school this August I'll go back to the beta program because then I can have a stable and beta computer. I only have one computer in between semesters and I think the stable will work better.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 3:00 PM | Locked

Ok, I went back to a stable version.. I am not sure of the number because I can't load Logos now. Here are my current logs. The program will not even load now.

2134.DigitalLibraryInstall.log

05020.Logos4.log

7752.Logos4Crash.txt

26880.Logos4Indexer.log

1884.logos4setup.log

6201.PrerequisitesInstall.log

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 3:51 PM | Locked

Matthew Hamrick:
Ok, I went back to a stable version.. I am not sure of the number because I can't load Logos now. Here are my current logs. The program will not even load now.

Apparently when you uninstalled Logos, it left behind all the databases. You may need to remove/delete one or more of them.

According to your Logos4 log, as I read it, the following database appears to be corrupt: C:\Users\Juliana\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\vp3we5jx.s0c\SelfTests\SelfTests.db

I'd recommend closing Logos4 and moving the above file out of the default location to force Logos to rebuild that database. (Keep it for now, in case this isn't the problem.) Then restart Logos4 and see what happens.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 4:08 PM | Locked

When I uninstalled Logos I removed all those data bases and started from scratch Richard. But I removed that self test database and tried to load Logos only it still will not load. And the number of my stable version is 4.2b SR-1 (4.22.5.1109).

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 4:36 PM | Locked

Matthew Hamrick:

When I uninstalled Logos I removed all those data bases and started from scratch Richard. But I removed that self test database and tried to load Logos only it still will not load. And the number of my stable version is 4.2b SR-1 (4.22.5.1109).

Did you update and replace your logs in the post above? The Logos4.log looks different to me than what I remember. What I'm seeing now doesn't point to any particular database, and although there was an error, Logos appeared to have recovered.

I'm at a bit of a loss here, but just because it couldn't hurt, and because it's possible something needs to update itself in the Windows OS, or with .NET, I'd suggest restarting your computer, letting everything in the OS start up and try again.

If that doesn't do any good, I'm not sure what to suggest besides wait until Monday and have tech support look at it.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:04 PM | Locked
I have rebooted several times. Something happened to my computer I think. My Microsoft Outlook will not load either. The logs are the updated logs from when I changed to the stable software. I can contact tech on Monday and ask them what they think.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS