Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 212
dcleghorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 9:33 AM

In L3, it the Exegetical Guide had the verse in English listed at the top so you could select which words you wanted searched. This is handy if you do not know greek that well. Is this option possible in L4? It does not list the English words that you can select but gives every word, even the ones you do not care to study. 

Posts 1209
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 10:11 AM

I am not aware of the functionality you describe, but if you click on the top of the Word by word section and you will see the following menu.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 10:15 AM

Dan,

See the Exegetical guide column...notice that at each word of a verse you see it highlighted...and surrounded by it's context....

I've found this to be a much better way to present the material

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1164
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 10:20 AM

I am assuming that you have the new reverse interlinears. If so, then when you open the word by word section of EG you should see some letters indicating the bible text being used. Click on the down arrow and select a reverse interlinear.

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 10:22 AM

Dan,

Here is a better picture of the context of the EG..notice too taht you can collapse the sections multiple ways...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 212
dcleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:42 PM

Let me try this again. In L3s Exegetical Guide, if I wanted to look up Jn. 3:16, theverse showed up in my preferred Bible, the  KJV. The EG allowed me to click words, "love" "gave" "begotten" in the KJV and then it brought them up in the Greek below. In L4, it does not allow you to see your preferred bible.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:46 PM

Click here...

Posts 212
dcleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:21 PM

I do believe the problem is that I do not have any reverse interlinears. I am trying out L4 without purchasing the new material in order to see how it works. I guess it requires more resources than L3 needs in order to function as before.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:51 PM

DanCleghorn:
I am trying out L4 without purchasing the new material in order to see how it works.

yulp. That would do it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS