L4 Update wants to install but is already installed?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 4 2009 2:52 PM

When I start L4 in XP Home, I get a message that reads:

"An update is ready to be installed. Do you want to install it now?" yes/no

I click yes and it says"

"Logos Bible Software 4 is up-to-date."

This repeats and never installs.

Is there a cache to delete somewhere that might correct this? Thanks.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 3:04 PM

What version is listed when you go to 'Help | About Logos Bible Software'. Is it at SR-3 (4.0.3.2492)?  If you hover over the small blue icon on the right of the taskbar, does it also say it's Indexing?  If it is, you might try clicking on 'Pause Indexing for 4 hours', then restart Logos 4 and see if the 'Install Updates' prompt reappears. If it doesn't, go ahead and right click the icon again and choose 'Resume Indexing'.

Melissa

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:37 PM

Melissa Snyder:

What version is listed when you go to 'Help | About Logos Bible Software'. Is it at SR-3 (4.0.3.2492)?  If you hover over the small blue icon on the right of the taskbar, does it also say it's Indexing?  If it is, you might try clicking on 'Pause Indexing for 4 hours', then restart Logos 4 and see if the 'Install Updates' prompt reappears. If it doesn't, go ahead and right click the icon again and choose 'Resume Indexing'.

Melissa

I installed this morning, transferred the files from my other computer's install via the scan/path/to/resources command, letting the software load the books. After a bit it started indexing and  finished earlier this afternoon, before the latest update downloaded that is trying to install. I had to select "no" to the update in order to let the program run and I find that I am currently on SR-2 4.0.3.2368. I do not think that there is anything running in the tray.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:23 PM

I deleted the update manager and updates folders. It re-downloaded and tried to update again. Same result. So I ran the installer manually and chose to repair. Now it is SR-3 4.0.3.2492. All is well now. Thanks.

Posts 1
Jaco Thom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 11:44 AM

Hello

I have the same problem. I’m running Logos Bible Software 4.0a SR-2 (4.01.3.4767) on a Vista Business computer.

I recently downloaded an update for Logos 4, and since then, when I try to load Logos 4, a message pops up, saying: “An update is ready to be installed. Do you want to install it now? (Recommended).” When I click Yes, another box pops up saying: “Logos Bible Software 4 is up-to-date.” And nothing happens further. I have to click on No to run Logos. It is not a big problem, but still irritating. How can I fix it?

Jaco

Posts 24939
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:44 PM

JacoThom:
When I click Yes, another box pops up saying: “Logos Bible Software 4 is up-to-date.”

Enable  hidden files and folders in Explorer's "Folder Options".

Go to \Logos4\Data\{random}\UpdateManager\Installers\ and delete all sub-folders and files.

EDIT: Go to \Logos4\Data\{random}\UpdateManager\  and delete Updates.db

Go to \Logos4\Install\Installers\ and rename Logos4.msi.

Setup permanent diagnostic logging via http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

Install via http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

If not successful upload your Logos4.log as per Uploading Logs

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
Jaco Thom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:27 PM

Thanks, Dave. It solved the problem!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS