Forum posting errors

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:17 AM

Since yesterday, I've been getting an error ("An error occurred while processing your request.") when I post here on the forums.  Am I alone in this?  The posting still goes through, but I see the error every time (after a long pause).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:17 AM

Well, posting that new post didn't cause an error.  So I'm baffled, but the last three or four times it has caused problems.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:19 AM

I've been having some similar issues, I wonder if ISPs could be the issue...

I have Comcast

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:27 AM

Same errors here - the issue occured on two different PC running different Windows version and different browsers and surely access through different ISPs, thus I believe the issue is at Logos' side/site.

Mick 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:28 AM

Kevin Becker:

I have Comcast

I think the error that comes back is a server error from Logos.  That combined with the fact that the post is actually created in spite of the error leads me to believe it is a problem with the forum software. 

(I'm on a direct fiber connection from Surewest, for what it's worth).

(Also, none of my posting in this thread has returned any errors, so maybe it's only when I post to certain threads.)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:33 AM

Kevin Becker:

I have Comcast

I've had the same problem and I have Cox so I doubt that it's the ISPs.  The good news is that it still works which you will note if you bring up the thread and look for your post.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:43 AM

Todd Phillips:

Since yesterday, I've been getting an error ("An error occurred while processing your request.") when I post here on the forums.  Am I alone in this?  The posting still goes through, but I see the error every time (after a long pause).

Same here. Using Firefox beta 6 (if that makes any difference). Just got the message again today; the comment did post to the thread though.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:10 AM

Glad, Todd, you spoke up. I didn't get the error, just a hang that required restarting the window. I'm on Opera.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:37 PM

I have the same problem today. Apparently it is a problem on the server's side. You encouraged me Todd because now I know the issue is not in my computer or browser. I use Firefox.

Bohuslav

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:46 PM

I'm (intermittently) experiencing a similar problem when posting, and have reported this to the server team.

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:23 PM

I've looked into this a little bit and not seen anything out of the ordinary. If anybody could list what posts gave them the problem, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts 33859
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:46 PM

David Ladiges:

I've looked into this a little bit and not seen anything out of the ordinary. If anybody could list what posts gave them the problem, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

basically all my posts last night from about 9 to 11:30 got an error thrown although they actually posted correctly

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:55 PM

David Ladiges:

Thanks!

My posts today have happened as MJ said.  This includes my last post, 2 Minutes ago about the academic beta.  Error page, but it posts what I wrote.

EDIT: of course this post worked correctly

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:30 PM

Your last post error may have been affected by some database index defragging that I was doing.  Hopefully, this should improve posting performance a little.

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:01 AM

This error has been happening quite too often to me lately. Am I alone in this?

Posts 12166
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:08 AM

Sleiman:

No. It happens quite regularly to mee. I fact, when I hit post I now go directly via browser history to the forum view, as I can otherwise expect to wait a minute and see the error and then need to do the same anyway.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Sleiman:

Nope, you were not alone. But I made a change last night (around 8:30 PM Pacific Time) that, so far, appears to have resolved the issue.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS