searches in Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:43 PM

When I want to search  all the occurrences of ערל  in the LHI Bible and I type this in the search panel, I am offered several choices and for each choice I get the occurrence(s) in the LHI. Is it all so possible to get all the occurrences of all the different forms in one go, whithout making a choice? 

Maybe a simple question, but this would make life easier for me.  It may already be possible though, I am just a beginner.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thank you beforehand,

Piet

Posts 27029
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:21 PM

In the wiki (link in heading) you'll find information on searching by lemma and the find all forms options.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:12 PM

I tried, but did not succeed to find it.  I am sure that the information is there, but where do I have to look?

Posts 133
Piet Huttenga | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:33 PM

I found out that it is more helpful to send a query to www.google.com, then to go to wiki and search there. I found a discussion of the same question: 

Searching for all the forms derived from a Hebrew root

As far as I can see there, it does not seem to be possible. Or is this a different question? My question would be, "How can I find all the different derivations of a Hebrew root in the Hebrew OT in one go?"

So my first conclusion is that it is more helpful to ask questions about searching by lemma in logos 4 in www.google.com than in WIKI, the second conclusion from the discussion is that this is not possible.

Do you agree with this?

Greetings,

Piet

Posts 27029
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 22 2011 4:49 PM

I misunderstood your original post. you are correct that Logos does not have a root search

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS