Getting resources from Libronix to Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Basically I have a few resources in CD-format that I want to put on Logos4.

I believe that this can be done, just not really sure how. The titles are the Christadelphian Magazine (1864-2000) and Christadelphian Works Vol.2, but when you put the CD in, it just installs Libronix. Tried googling, searching on here, etc.

Any help? :)

Posts 8587
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:32 AM

Assuming L4 is installed....

In the command bar type: scan DVD and hit enter. or scan <path to media> and hit enter.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:33 AM

Daniel Noonan:

Hi everyone,

Basically I have a few resources in CD-format that I want to put on Logos4.

I believe that this can be done, just not really sure how. The titles are the Christadelphian Magazine (1864-2000) and Christadelphian Works Vol.2, but when you put the CD in, it just installs Libronix. Tried googling, searching on here, etc.

Any help? :)

If you have already installed these in the past into Libronix and synced your licenses with the Logos servers, you may skip the rest of this paragraph. If you have not installed these into Libronix and synced your licenses, you'll need to install Libronix from the disc. Then upgrade Libronix to version 3.0g by running this script: http://www.logos.com/media/update/30gAutoUpdate.lbxupd. Ensure you can open your resources in Libronix and then sync your licenses from Libronix (Tools>Account Manager>[follow the prompts]). Make sure that you're using the same Logos user ID for Libronix as Logos4 (usually the email address you had when you first created your Logos ID). If you have different user ID's you'll have to call customer support and have them resolve the two accounts.

If you have already installed these in the past into Libronix and synced your licenses with the Logos servers, you can use the scan command as described on this page to get your resources into L4: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Commands. Be sure to follow all the directions, noting especially that the command requires a restart of L4 before it will execute.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8587
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:33 AM

Oh, and welcome to the forums Daniel.  :-)

you'll find lots of hints and tips here as well as in the wiki (see link at the top of your screen).

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:33 AM

Hi Richard and thanks for your reply. Just following your instructions i'm having some issues with Libronix Update. I then decided to completely reinstall LLS, but again issues with LU, it basically freezes trying to install some fonts... any ideas?

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 11:37 AM

Daniel Noonan:

Hi Richard and thanks for your reply. Just following your instructions i'm having some issues with Libronix Update. I then decided to completely reinstall LLS, but again issues with LU, it basically freezes trying to install some fonts... any ideas?

You could try installing Libronix from scratch here: http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

But I'm not sure that would help.

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot about the IE9 patch. Check out the thread here for info on running that fix: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30926.aspx

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 4:21 PM

Ah, thanks for that, your help is appreciated.

A further query though, after following that, using the command etc.

The Logos4 software - is seemingly stuck on the "Preparing your Library", should this be taking that long?

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 4:41 PM

Daniel Noonan:

Ah, thanks for that, your help is appreciated.

A further query though, after following that, using the command etc.

The Logos4 software - is seemingly stuck on the "Preparing your Library", should this be taking that long?

I don't know how long "that long" is, but yes, it can take quite some time for a large number of resources of the type you are installing.

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 4:44 PM

It's been around an hour now.

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 23 2011 5:01 PM

Daniel Noonan:

It's been around an hour now.

That seems long, unless you have a slow computer, and/or very little hard drive space left, and/or there are other programs at work in the background.

I'd hate to suggest that you interrupt the process, as that can cause problems too. But if it comes to that follow the instructions below for enabling logging.

Please enable logging by carefully following all the instructions in the link below:
http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging
Then run Logos and see if the issue repeats. Let Logos prepare your library for 10 - 15 minutes before cancelling the process and posting your logs here. If Logos resolves before that, proceed with Logos, let it index your resources, open your library to make sure they're all present, and see if you can access them.

If the issue repeats, make sure to post all  the files in the logs folder here for review. Here are the Wiki instructions for how to upload logs.
http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 6:51 AM

88300.Logos4Indexer.log

4130.Logos4.log

Here are my logs.

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:45 AM

Daniel Noonan:

If you looked at your logs, you may have noticed that the Logos4.log is spending a lot of time downloading materials. This is where the bottleneck seems to be happening. What you have uploaded here shows about 5 hours of downloads. Did you notice a Logos4 icon in the Windows system tray as this was happening?

It could be taking this long because you have a very slow connection, or because you are downloading some very large resources (they are taking several minutes each to download). My first guess is that Logos is updating all the journals you just installed to the latest version.

That being the case, you should just let it finish, though it could take a very long time, depending on how much Logos needs to download.This is one of those cases where it's recommended to go do other things while the computer finishes, or, if you need to use it, do it overnight, as you're sleeping.

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 9:13 AM

Okay, so it finally finished about 20 minutes ago.

But the resources I believed it was importing, are nowhere to be found in my library.

Bit confused. I've installed the latest update of LLS, synchronised the licenses, entered the command scan D:\ into the command bar in Logos 4, as per instruction but no extra resources have appeared. 

Posts 23005
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 11:07 AM

Daniel Noonan:
But the resources I believed it was importing, are nowhere to be found in my library.

Please post the complete indexer log if you still have it (the one that started at 0941 on 24 July).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 12:29 PM

88064.Logos4Indexer.log

For some reason its overwriting or not logging everything together.

Posts 5542
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 3:08 PM

Daniel Noonan:

88064.Logos4Indexer.log

Your homepage should show anything that was recently updated. Did you check there?

EDIT: Can you see and open the resources in Libronix?

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 3:39 PM

Yes I can see and open the resources in Libronix.

My homepage doesn't show any updated resources.

Posts 23005
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 24 2011 5:56 PM

Daniel Noonan:

It is overwritten the next time the Indexer runs (not necessarily when L4 is restarted). Ensure logging is enabled and start again:

• scan the CD
  • restart L4
  • when the Indexer is complete (blue icon has disappeared) stop L4 & upload the logos4 and Indexer logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10
Daniel Noonan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2011 3:03 AM

So instead of scanning the DVD I also scanned the resource path @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS\Resources

Here are the logs. The icon appeared momentarily.

058301.Logos4.log

7268.Logos4Indexer.log

Posts 23005
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 25 2011 3:55 AM

There is no log entry showing that path which means resources were not found!

You should try to resolve this with Logos Customer Support.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS