Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:23 AM | Locked

This may have been discussed in the forum but I couldn't find any solutions.

How do I get the pictures and text boxes that are in my Word document to show up in my PBB?

Charlene

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:38 AM | Locked

Are your pictures stored locally?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:47 AM | Locked

They are in the Word document itself. Do you mean do I have to have the pictures individually stored as well?

Charlene

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:16 AM | Locked

Did you use a copy and paste to add the pictures to Word or did you use the Insert function?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:20 AM | Locked

copy and paste

Charlene

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:39 AM | Locked

I believe you need to save your pictures to your hard drive and use the insert picture function,

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 2:12 AM | Locked

What about the text boxes?

Charlene

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 2:48 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

I believe you need to save your pictures to your hard drive and use the insert picture function,

I did this and it didn't work. BUT I had inserted my picture  with "wrap text" as TIGHT.

However, if I switched it to IN LINE WITH TEXT, it did work. In fact, I didn't have to go through the document and "insert" the pictures at all. It worked with my previous document, as long as I switched the WRAP TEXT to IN LINE WITH TEXT.

Charlene

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:25 AM | Locked

Charlene:

What about the text boxes?

From the prior beta page:

Text boxes, charts, embedded documents and other similar features are not supported. http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.3_Beta_13 

I'm not sure why that's not on the current release notes.  It should be.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 6:22 AM | Locked

Thomas Black:

Text boxes, charts, embedded documents and other similar features are not supported. http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4.3_Beta_13 

That is what I figured, so I just went ahead and went through my document and took all the text out of the text boxes.

Tthanks, Thomas and Martha, for the help!

Charlene

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:18 PM | Locked

hmmm, just got the RC1 installed and i am using Word 2003 and saving as a .docx. i am able to create a very simple book, but i can't get a picture to appear in the book. i followed the steps mentioned above (use Insert Picture from file, & In Line with Text), but still no image in book after compiling.

Any ideas?

DOCX file: 5415.Test1.docx

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:28 PM | Locked

steve clark:

hmmm, just got the RC1 installed and i am using Word 2003 and saving as a .docx. i am able to create a very simple book, but i can't get a picture to appear in the book. i followed the steps mentioned above (use Insert Picture from file, & In Line with Text), but still no image in book after compiling.

Any ideas?

Steve, I can't either, and I am also using Word 2003.  I wonder if that is limiting things.

Sad

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:45 PM | Locked

Was able to use test file and add pic, using word 2007. The inserted picture did not show up however.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 28989
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:24 PM | Locked

Charlene:
In fact, I didn't have to go through the document and "insert" the pictures at all. I

Thanks for letting me know this. I'll try not to pass bad information again - my mind was a beta or two behind.

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 1:30 PM | Locked

MJ, the only way that I am able to get pictures to work, is to insert them from the harddrive.

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 3:09 PM | Locked

This worked fine for me

I open the file Steve posted

Saved the picture as a .png file

Deleted the original picture in the document

Inserted the saved image

Saved the file

Compiled the book

I am using Word 2010

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 5:26 PM | Locked

The image in your test document, Steve, does not display for me either after compilation unless I do some finagling (like Fred reported.)  I've reported the issue to Development for investigation.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 29 2011 11:36 PM | Locked

Tonya J Ross:
I've reported the issue to Development for investigation.

Thank You Tonya!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 22761
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 1:28 AM | Locked

Charlene:

MJ. Smith:

I did this and it didn't work. BUT I had inserted my picture  with "wrap text" as TIGHT.

However, if I switched it to IN LINE WITH TEXT, it did work. In fact, I didn't have to go through the document and "insert" the pictures at all. It worked with my previous document, as long as I switched the WRAP TEXT to IN LINE WITH TEXT.

I've just been trying this (with the 4.3 release) and the issue with pictures still seems to be there.

Inserting from the hard-drive didn't work for me (using Word 2007) but changing to inline wrapping did.

The status of this issue isn't clear from the release notes so looking for some clarification

Thanks, Graham

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 10 2011 7:19 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:
changing to inline wrapping did.
I took this clue and changed a graphic in one of my files to inline wrapping and that didn't fix it either.  

Have we yet to figure out what DOES work every time?

Correction....

I went back in, saved the image as a gif out of my word document, deleted the picture, reinserted the pic with inline wrapping and it works.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS