Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 319
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:15 AM | Locked

They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."  I have found it necessary to build a tool that creates tags and hyperlinks for my Personal Books with minimal keyboard entry on my part. 

Attached is a MS Excel spreadsheet that creates a Bible tag and hyperlinks to several Logos tools and commentaries when you enter nothing more than a book, chapter and verse.  You can also add the name of your note file and it will make a link for that too.  Just fill in the yellow boxes and the spreadsheet does the rest.  Copy the cells that have the links you want in your PB and paste them into the DOCX file.  They become active links in your PB.  A sample DOCX file is also attached.

I hope this is helpful to you – it is to me.  There are lots of possibilities.  Play with it share your modification ideas on this post to help others. See http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books for the wiki notes on Personal Books.

6175.PB Tag Generator.xls

7120.pbTEST.docx

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC; Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) SP1; I7-2670QM; 8GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013ZWYXAR) tablet; Android v4.1.2; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; no SD card 

Posts 3223
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:20 AM | Locked

Added your post to the bottom of the wiki page under Examples

EDIT: Thanks Tim!

QLinks, Bibl2, Nexus7, Macros
Dell Inspiron 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 Ghz, 4Gig RAM, Vista SP2

Posts 3150
Forum MVP
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:32 AM | Locked

Not sure anyone found it useful as there wasn't much of a response, but if it is useful maybe someone could add to the Wiki the Page Number macro generation tool I created (in post #3):

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/35832/269112.aspx#269112

Posts 3223
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 9:40 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:
someone could add to the Wiki the Page Number macro generation tool I created (in post #3):

Done, thanks Dominick!

QLinks, Bibl2, Nexus7, Macros
Dell Inspiron 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 Ghz, 4Gig RAM, Vista SP2

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 10:06 AM | Locked

Tim Hensler:

They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."  I have found it necessary to build a tool that creates tags and hyperlinks for my Personal Books with minimal keyboard entry on my part. 

Attached is a MS Excel spreadsheet that creates a Bible tag and hyperlinks to several Logos tools and commentaries when you enter nothing more than a book, chapter and verse.  You can also add the name of your note file and it will make a link for that too.  Just fill in the yellow boxes and the spreadsheet does the rest.  Copy the cells that have the links you want in your PB and paste them into the DOCX file.  They become active links in your PB.  A sample DOCX file is also attached.

I hope this is helpful to you – it is to me.  There are lots of possibilities.  Play with it share your modification ideas on this post to help others. See http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books for the wiki notes on Personal Books.

6175.PB Tag Generator.xls

7120.pbTEST.docx

Peace to you, Tim!                     ..........   and     ...........    Always Joy in the Lord!

Thanks, Tim!                 Very grateful!          *smile*                                                                  Indeed!

Have played with your tool for a while and found that I will very likely be able to use it effectively; and that it will be very helpful!.                                           *smile*

Very clever!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 3150
Forum MVP
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 30 2011 11:13 AM | Locked

steve clark:

Dominick Sela:
someone could add to the Wiki the Page Number macro generation tool I created (in post #3):

Done, thanks Dominick!

Thanks Steve!

Posts 319
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2011 11:06 AM | Locked

Updated version of the tool attached.

Updated Update: One more update to provide a better link on BCV Milestone with reference (cells J2, J5 and J8) based on my experience in thread at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36353/272532.aspx#272532

2514.PB Tag Generator.xlsx

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC; Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) SP1; I7-2670QM; 8GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8013ZWYXAR) tablet; Android v4.1.2; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; no SD card 

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 1 2011 12:27 PM | Locked

Thanks, Tim ..............     appreciated!                                   *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 319
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2011 12:32 PM | Locked

Another update - based on some link format changes applied recently to Personal Books.  I also changed the layout to improve (I think) ease of use.

2480.PB Tag Generator.xls

Posts 0
Fr. Pedro Toledo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 9:49 AM | Locked

Thank you, Tim. This improvement made it really easy to use.

Posts 1242
Divinesoteriology | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:34 PM | Locked

Is there someone that can do a video tutorial on how to use this tool. I am not sure, how to use it, nor how helpful it is.

God Bless

Hoster of CHRISTIAN DEBATE FORUM: Apologetics, Theology Proper, Soteriology,  Eschatology

Posts 159
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 12:19 PM | Locked

I also wanted to say ThanksYes this has been quite helpful to me as well! so much so that I have been too busy working on two or three extra PB's at one time leaving little time to get other things done.Embarrassed like mowing the lawn.

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:39 PM | Locked

Hi Blair

Blair Laird:
Is there someone that can do a video tutorial on how to use this tool

Morris Proctor and his team have produced some videos - please see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/36970.aspx

In that thread there is also a post regarding a seminar run by John Fallahee which  should be available for download - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/36970/277192.aspx#277192

Hope this helps

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS