Problem in information pane

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33766
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:33 AM

The highlighting in the Scripture pane is the result of one existing notes and the start of creating a second overlapping note in another note file. Version is NRSV. Note b is correct ... a doesn't show ... but why does the Lord's Supper show up? I meaning I'll accept that the old points to the new but this is carrying theological generalization a bit too far ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:17 AM

MJ. Smith:
but why does the Lord's Supper show up? I meaning I'll accept that the old points to the new but this is carrying theological generalization a bit too far

Smile  it appears to be connecting "The Lord's Supper" with the word 'the', (which you see if you hover over just the word 'the')

Posts 33766
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:45 AM

Right you are ... now I wonder why it picked up footnote b and not footnote a ... yes, I hovered over the first "the" to check.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1866
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:13 AM

Information seems to pick up wierd little links based on where you have the cursor.  I prefer Power Lookup for actually looking references up.  In playing with it because of your question, I get footnote a and b if I hover over anything in verse 1.  When I go over to verse 2, however, I only get footnote b.  So, which "the" where you hovering over?

And yes, getting The Lord's Supper from the word "the" is a bit much.  I got this on my machine, but also got CHALOT, which makes more sense.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 33766
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 3:58 PM

Kenneth McGuire:
So, which "the" where you hovering over?

The first occurence when I was proving to myself that the oddity was recreatable.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS