Freebies are Showing up..

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1132
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:46 PM

Check the Pre-pub page  Smile

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1609
Forum MVP
Paul Newsome | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 3:53 PM

I just got home from a wedding... couldn't be more perfect timing to "get in line" Yes

Posts 1672
Forum MVP
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:14 PM

Rick

Thanks for the heads-up. There's some really useful stuff in there … and the price is right!

Every blessing

Alan

iMac 21.5" • 3.06 GHz • 12GB RAM • Mavericks 10.9.4 • 1 TB HDD

MacBook Air 13.3" • 1.8 GHz • 4 GB RAM • Yosemite 10.10 Beta • 256 GB SSD

iPad 64GB WiFi

iPhone 5s 32 GB

Posts 597
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:20 PM

It will be interesting to look around but they had better allow you to bulk move to the hidden resources area at the same time or things could get rather tedious.

Posts 847
Forum MVP
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:23 PM

They are on the PrePub page now!

Hurry and beat the crowds! http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Pre-Pub

SEVEN prepubs! Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift Gift  and all of them are FREE!!!

Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.)

The Perseus Renaissance Collection (22 vols.) is a compilation of the history and literature of the British Isles during the English Renaissance period.

Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.)

The Duke Databank of Documentary Papyri (256 vols.) is a collection of rare ancient manuscripts. These documents were written on various forms of writing material including papyri, ostraca, and wood tablets.

Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.)

The Perseus Classics Collection (1,114 vols.) contains works from classical Greek and Roman authors. This massive collection includes important Greek and Latin classics in their original languages; some works have an English translation.

Perseus Arabic Collection (39 vols.)

The Perseus Arabic Collection (39 vols.) brings you two English translations of the Quran and two Arabic-English lexicons. These works will bring you a deeper understanding of the Muslim faith, making this collection perfect for apologetics or comparative studies.

Perseus Civil War and 19th Century American Collection (340 vols.)

The Perseus Civil War and 19-Century American Collection (340 vols.) is a comprehensive collection of works pertaining to the 19th century. It includes records, memoirs, biographies, and histories of people, places, and events.

Beowulf by Garnett, James M.

Beowulf is one of the earliest and greatest epics in history. With its composition dated between the 8th and 11th century, this Old English heroic poem is also regarded as the first important work of Anglo-Saxon literature.

Richmond Times-Dispatch (1,355 vols.) by Richmond Dispatch

The Richmond Times-Dispatch has been the primary daily newspaper of Richmond, Virginia for over the past 150 years. At the time of establishment in 1850, it was one of the very few non-partisan newspapers around and featured relatively unbiased articles.

Posts 56
AA7163 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 4:30 PM

Mike Pettit:

It will be interesting to look around but they had better allow you to bulk move to the hidden resources area at the same time or things could get rather tedious.

I was wondering about this as well.  I hope they make that an option.  Although I dont' think that is available for their other resources.

Austin

Posts 686
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:20 PM

I just shared the pre-pub pages on Facebook.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:27 PM

Great! My orders are in. Thank you Logos!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 686
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2011 6:32 PM

Have any other Bible software programs integrated these collections?

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 11
Roger Jensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:51 AM

This looks like a great opportunity. I am not a greek or scholar of other languages, so I ordered the English Language material. Particularly that for our Civil War history, and some of the British Isles History. I also ordered Beowulf and the Arabic Collection. Now, I'm anxious to see these. How long will it take for them to be available?

Posts 11
Roger Jensen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:55 AM

It would be nice to have an option to save these in a different folder, so I could choose to search them or ignore. I'm thinking that normally, I would just read the individual documents. Will these also show up on Vyrso

Posts 8848
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 9:56 AM

Roger Jensen:

This looks like a great opportunity. I am not a greek or scholar of other languages, so I ordered the English Language material. Particularly that for our Civil War history, and some of the British Isles History. I also ordered Beowulf and the Arabic Collection. Now, I'm anxious to see these. How long will it take for them to be available?

There are English translations in the Classics Collection so it would be advisable to order that as well if you would care to have access to the translations.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2
Pastor Jeffery Eudy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 13 2011 6:57 PM

This is great! Thanks Logos

Posts 330
Ken S | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 5:46 PM

Thanks Logos. As a Homeschooling parent the historical information will be invaluable.

In Christ,

Ken

Dell Studio 1555; 15.6" True Life LCD; Intel® Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20 GHz, 2M Cache, 800 MHz FSB ; 500GB 5400 HDD; 4GB RAM, Win 7,IE8

http://wiki.logos.com/

Posts 14395
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2011 6:25 PM

Roger Jensen:
It would be nice to have an option to save these in a different folder, so I could choose to search them or ignore.

You know that you can get the limits on searches through collections?

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Jim Holsinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 2:59 AM

Hey Mike: That is my concern. How do I keep these separate from the 2200+ biblical and theological resources that I use in Logos? Will they be sent to us is a manner that will make it easy to handle? Jim

Posts 7297
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 16 2011 4:47 AM

Well I'm not Mike but....

James Holsinger:
How do I keep these separate from the 2200+ biblical and theological resources that I use in Logos?
They won't be separate - but will be integrated into your library.  However you may find that building collections which exclude Perseus material (Perhaps with ANDNOT Perseus) is one way to keep them separate.

James Holsinger:
Will they be sent to us is a manner that will make it easy to handle?
They will arrive just like every other Logos resource, via download and presumably a large one.  :-)

Posts 440
Gary Butner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 12:34 AM

I read in a couple of places these collections should not take too much space on our hard drives.

Posts 1194
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 2:05 AM

Gary Butner:
I read in a couple of places these collections should not take too much space on our hard drives.

They're text, so not huge for today's drives.

They might take some time to index though (depending on your processor speed).

Posts 16227
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2011 4:15 AM

Gary Butner:

When you are talking about GB, you are not talking about small. Smile It would be easy for some users to more than double the HD space required. I have 1800 resources now. What do you think 3000 more will do? Some of these, are very small, but not all.

OSX 10.10 | iOS 8 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS