Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 5 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2010 9:50 AM

In case you haven't seen the link for the survey that we have posted with questions about what app you would like to see next, here is where to take the survey. This is the best way to let your voice be heard as to what the next device is that you would like to see us make an app for. We have not set a date for a closing date for the survey, but it would be best to complete the survey sooner rather than later so we can calculate the responses and work on producing the next app.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 59
Warren Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 7 2010 6:15 AM

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes! We need/want the Android app ASAP.  Any company whose motto is "don't be evil" ought to have a Logos app developed sooner than later.  I'm lovin' my Motorola Droid (I'm one of those 'physical keyboard' people).

Love the work y'all do at Logos, keep it up and get us an Android app, please?????

Posts 33
Dave Mackey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 9:04 PM

::major bump:: and now going over to fill out survey...

- http://www.davemackey.net/ - Central hub of all things Dave.

- http://www.opensourcescriptures.com/ - Open Source Scripture Translation.

Posts 4
Bryan Cruthirds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2010 9:08 PM

Any thoughts on when the calculations of responses will begin?  I have used the logos library and it is ok, but I want to be able to read offline.  I have voted on the survey already.  Please don't delay too long on this. 

Posts 7
Joel W Parke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 7:56 PM

Having Logos with me on my Android phone (Samsung Captivate) would cause me to buy more content - especially inspirational books.  To access my extensive library of books on Logos would be wonderful.

Please produce an android app!

Posts 247
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:39 AM

Yes Android!

I filled out the survey.

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 6:58 AM

Mark E. Ryman:

When Logos offers an app for Droid (not library.logos.com/), I will buy two things: [1] A Droid and [2] more titles from Logos. Until then, it just isn't functional to be carrying around the laptop everywhere like I can a phone. I'd use it for reading more than searching.

The iPhone is out. Not buying poor cell coverage just to run Logos. Otherwise the iPhone would be fine.

So when the app is available for Droid, I'm ready for more Logos. In the meantime, I'll buy more paper and continue becoming less and less interested in Logos by the week.

Today, I am buying an Android. Today, I begin using Project Wittenberg, Project Gutenberg, etc. If Logos ever supports Android, I'll consider it then but I'm not waiting any longer. My bet is I use my Droid far more with Wittenberg than I do Logos on my laptop.

Posts 20
Thornell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 2:53 PM

I agree with that comment, If there was a Android app I would have bought an android phone. Spotty coverage at best out in non-urban areas. Verzion covers most of the small towns I may have  to minister in.

Posts 3
Jeff de Ruyter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 5:01 PM

Yes, just got the HTC Incredible today and LOVE IT!!!  Just need Logo's on it now... 

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 1:18 PM

Barnes and Noble just released a Nook ereader app for Android, a month after the Kindle Android app was released.  It's Logos' turn now!

Posts 166
David C. Rowe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 6:19 PM

I would love it! Droooooooooooooooid.

Posts 1
Brian D. Timmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:39 AM

I have the Evo phone, it would be sooooo awesome to use Logos on it!  Android is growing by leaps and bounds! 

Posts 9
Brian S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:38 PM

I've taken the survey, but want to voice my support for Android as well.  Android is now the number two smartphone platform and it's multi-carrier and multiple device offerings not to mention an easy to develop for open platform.  Android will soon have RIM and Apple in a difficult position.  I understand that there are a lot of potential devices out there, but Nook, Kindle, Windows Phone, and Apple are all too specialized to take off like Android has and continues to.

Please develop an Android version of the Logos App.

Posts 1
Richard Inman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:00 PM

I live in a Verizon area, the IPhone doesn't work here.    I have a Motorola Droid.   Please, Please, Please release the mobile software for Droid.    There is really no decent study package available for Droid.    

Posts 56
Charles Cherry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 2:23 PM

Me too me too me too me too!

I am about to get a new phone - I can get an HTC Aria for free, or purchase an iPhone for 199.00 bucks. The only thing that has me hesitating with the Aria is the lack of Logos for Android.

PLEASE port Logos to the Android platform!

Posts 8
Rick Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 6 2010 11:57 PM

It sure would be nice to have Logos on the Android platform.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 12:49 AM

Rick Jones:

It sure would be nice to have Logos on the Android platform.

You can have Logos on the Android platform now.  Just browse to library.logos.com in a browser on your android.

As you can see from my screenshots I am looking at it from a browser on a PC but this is what you will get on your android.

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:55 AM

Yes, that approach has been beneficial to me on the Android. I've been able to read a good deal this way. And I appreciate it. But the ability to re-size and highlight would be wonderful...and that those highlights would transfer between my Droid, the server, and my computer. Maybe that can be done and I just haven't figured it out. Yet.

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:46 AM

Mark E. Ryman:

Yes, that approach has been beneficial to me on the Android. I've been able to read a good deal this way. And I appreciate it. But the ability to re-size and highlight would be wonderful...and that those highlights would transfer between my Droid, the server, and my computer. Maybe that can be done and I just haven't figured it out. Yet.

I don't believe highlight is available on this or iPhone/iPad app.

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 7 2010 4:56 AM

But it would be nice. No?

Page 5 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS