Android, Please!?!?!?!?

Page 8 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 218 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:17 AM

The biblia.com deal isn't as loaded as library.logos.com. The latter has more of my titles. Neither is truly useful. They don't remember where you've been; you can't highlight or make notes. Still, I am hopeful that Logos will make it useful. These things take time.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 2:18 PM

Mark E. Ryman:
The biblia.com deal isn't as loaded as library.logos.com. The latter has more of my titles.

Really? I actually show more titles in biblia.com than library.logos.com.  I thought they were supposed to the same anyway. I wonder why they aren't.

Biblia.com:

Library.logos.com:

Biblia needs a Table of Contents in Mobile mode, so library.logos.com wins until that happens.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 2:37 PM

For me now, it's Biblia: 600 books and Library.Logos: 598. So Biblia has now has overtaken the older way. I haven't checked but a few times since the announcement that they are working on the Biblia deal, since it isn't really helpful yet.

The library.logos route shows my reading plans though. Biblia does not.

Posts 14
Ian Stanley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 20 2010 2:22 PM

I would like to see Android too - please make sure it is screen agnostic (though I guess the sony mini is probably out) so those with smaller screen real estate like the great pocketable HTC WILDFIRE is supported

Posts 1
Jeff Eastman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:16 PM

Actually, I never realized that library.logos.com was supposed to be able to access books from my Logos library.  Even signed in on library.logos.com, I only had like 40 books.  Not until seeing the biblia.com option did I realize that it can actually access some of my books.  I was amazed to see hundreds of books now available on my android.  Having unlimited internet and the fact that I can access my MacArthur Study Bible and his commentaries, I'm set until Logos comes out with an app.  BUT PLEASE DO SO LOGOS!!!!

Posts 1
Ben Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 26 2010 9:40 PM

Please Add suport for Android. wow that would make a lot of sense really. one ap that crosses about 10 plus phones and a number of networks a this time!! alot more sense than the slow Iphones unless you of course have money to drop on the new Iphone4....

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:10 AM

Ben Johnson:

Please Add suport for Android. wow that would make a lot of sense really. one ap that crosses about 10 plus phones and a number of networks a this time!! alot more sense than the slow Iphones unless you of course have money to drop on the new Iphone4....

Android support is coming: http://www.logos.com/mobile/android

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1
Bob Brady | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 6:51 AM

I agree I would really like logos on android. Please!  Crying

Posts 4
Phil Kooistra | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 10:23 AM

+ 1 for android development.   Android is the fastest growing platform by a mile and Logos needs to catch up.  http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/01/nielsen-android-makes-huge-gains-in-us-smartphone-marketshare/

In the next few months they will pass Iphone to take the number one spot in the U.S.  And when the Tablets start coming out in 2011 they do much the same to the Ipad.   Please increase development for Android

Posts 7
Chris Ridgeway | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 5:15 PM

+1 Android

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 7 2010 6:21 PM

Ben Johnson:

The android App is coming.. not sure when Logos will be done making it though... iPhones in Canada are on all networks... even in the US, Verizon will have the iphone in a month or so. iPad is wonderful (I do know the android pads are on the way and that's a good thing)...

-dan

PS: I know the galaxy and dell's 7 inch is out there but i am thinking  of the ones that actually resemble ipad size. A pad  with 42% of the screen size is really not a whole lot more useful than a phone screen.

Posts 10
Paul Powers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 13 2010 10:05 PM

Ditto here.. with one more little bit: Please make sure it works with the 'HTC Touch' interface! it would be a shame to get andriod support and then the UI mod kills the ability to use the app! I'm not sure if what your planning to implment will be affected by something like HTC Touch.. but I don't want to miss this! I played with the Logos app on my sister's iPhone.. and boy was it SWEET!

Looking forward to the Andriod version,

Paul

Posts 149
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 2:49 AM

What features did you find useful on the iPhone? In other words, what do we have to look forward to in the development of the Droid app?

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2010 10:19 AM

Add me to the long list of Logos for Android app users waiting for the unveiling! Gave up my WinMobile phone for an Android mainly for the upcoming Logos App.

Biblia is OK, what is very lacking is having to click or tap the arrows to get to next pages instead of a swipe between pages like the Iphone app. Hopefully the Logos for Android will be a Christmas present for all of us :)

Posts 10
Gordon McDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 7:11 AM

I am currently running a Android's HTC Desire HD  ROM on my HTC HD2 win mobile phone !

Thanks to the developers at XDA-developers.com for making many Android systems that can run on the HD2 windows mobile phone.

I am currently running Olivetree with all my bibles,commentaries etc... on this Android os without any problems. I hope the Logos program will work just as well, as it will save me buying a new Android phone or tablet.

It should work theoretically !

Posts 26
Ian Shepard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2010 11:32 AM

May as well toss my name into the hat.  We've used the Logos app on our iphones since it came out but have since dropped our iPhones for Evo's.  That's two more users who need Logos for Android.

Posts 10
G Richard Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 31 2010 8:46 PM

Got tired of sitting on the iPhone / iPad / Droid fence and got the Droid X, specifically because of the large HD display. I'm counting on Bob Pritchett to hit a home run with a Droid app SOON, and done right.  His, and the Logos team's, products are A+++++++, without fail.  I want L4's powerful search engine for my hospital chaplaincy work at patients' bedsides.  I want to be able to quickly search the WORD for what God wants to say to a specific patient.

Posts 22
Kitty Hansberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 12:10 AM

Verizon is currently offering a bundle of iPad and a Wi-Fi hotspot that fits in your pocket (using their cell phone technology).  They also sell the iPad and the Wi-Fi hotspot separately.

Posts 22
Kitty Hansberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 1 2011 12:11 AM

Check the numbers again, they have changed significantly.

Posts 4
Phil Kooistra | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 3 2011 2:10 PM

@ Kitty what numbers are you referring to?  If you mean the increase in market share for Android then you are right.

Latest results shows that in the last 6 months Iphone has grown 1% while android has grown 10% and almost tied apples market share.  http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9203040/Android_tops_iPhone_among_recent_buyers_says_Nielsen?taxonomyId=15

Page 8 of 11 (219 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS