A1mac - No Indexing Progress

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:08 AM

In the past 24 hours, indexing halted at 13 hours and part way moved to 14 hours and stayed there.  In the middle, I had to restart my computer because of an update to my OS.    From midnight last night until now, the indexer was stuck at 20 hours.  I realize the only answer so far has been "be patient" and "this is normal", but I think there is something wrong here.  

If you are interested, here are my logs.  If not, I will just wait this out until the next drop.

6746.Archive.zip

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:16 AM

Not sure if this is a problem, but these couple lines seem to indicate a problem

11/05/2009 06:33:37 |  WARN | 6 | LogosResourceIndexer | Ignored 101115 invalid references for 'lls-morph+el' in LLS:1.0.301 (out of 623646 total; 16%). 

11/05/2009 06:33:47 |  WARN | 6 | LogosResourceIndexer | Ignored 2 invalid references for 'p' in LLS:50.0.49 (out of 2 total; 100%). 

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 10:26 AM

Joe,

are you running parallels, fusion or any other type of emulators to access Logos 3 on your mac? have you added any resources lately and if so when is the last time you synced mac logos 1 with the server? it may be wrong, but it is just a couple of thoughts.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:00 AM

Hi David, 

I deleted VMWare fusion and all Windows versions of Logos after the Beta testing of L4.

I updated to the latest Alpha drop. two days ago was it???

As far as I know, nothing new was downloaded in that time.

I am hoping to pick up the next drop and then retry indexing.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:06 PM

The next drop is up, and Tom Philpot will be posting a message in the forums explaining what is new/changed (if he hasn't already).

One new thing is that it has support for incremental indexing (which hasn't even made it into a public build of the Windows product), which may help you out. Be aware that the estimates that it gives will be totally bogus: this morning it told me that I had over 130 hours remaining, but it was much closer to done by the end of the day.

(And yes, we've been working on improving the estimates...)

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:48 PM

David Mitchell:
One new thing is that it has support for incremental indexing (which hasn't even made it into a public build of the Windows product),
And the last shall be first!!! Sweet news.  We would have killed for this during the Windows Beta testing!!! Broken Heart

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS