Compare Versions Not Showing Up as Option

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:10 AM

A.  I do not have the "compare versions" option in my passage guide.  And I do not have it as an option to use in customizing my own user made passage guide in the "individual sections"Confused

I do not have highlighted differences in my "Text Comparison" box and do not the the 2 options (represented by the capital letter Angel) next to the bible versions at the top of the "Text Comparison" box...

B.  I am also unable to get any kind of audio reader to work...

C.  They sync underline thing also is not working

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time to respond

PICTURE: Notice no compare versions options...

Thank YOU!

Jeremiah Morris

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:12 AM

"I do not have highlighted differences in my "Text Comparison" box and do not the the 2 options (represented by the capital letter Angel) next to the bible versions at the top of the "Text Comparison" box..."

the face... (lol) was supposed to be the Capital Letter A

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:32 AM

Never mind on the Sympathetic Highlighting issue... Think I figured that out

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:40 PM

A.  I do not have the "compare versions" option in my passage guide.  And I do not have it as an option to use in customizing my own user made passage guide in the "individual sections"Confused

I do not have highlighted differences in my "Text Comparison" box and do not the the 2 options (represented by the capital letter A) next to the bible versions at the top of the "Text Comparison" box...

B.  I am also unable to get any kind of audio reader to work...

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time to respond

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 12:58 PM

Hi Jeremiah,

I believe the answer to question A is that the Leader's Library (LE) does not include the Compare Parallel Bible Versions function, just as in Leader's Library (ND) for LDLS 3. I am waiting to have that verified, though, and will update this post at that time.

For question B, are you saying that the Read Aloud feature is not available, or not working, or is there a certain resource with audio links that is not working?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:02 PM

JeremiahDanielMorris:
PICTURE: Notice no compare versions options...

Actually the picture you show is the compare version option. What your probably saddened by is the absence of a side by side view. but be of good cheer, brother, it is there.

By default the compare translations window is set to auto...meaning it determines if verses are stacked or put side by side by the size of the Pane you ware working in. All you have to do is drag the pane to the bottom of your screen and make it horizontal. You can also click the icon for the pane and select "horizontal", or you can hover over a verse in a translation and click F7. Give these things a try and let me know if it answers your question.

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:07 PM

sorry, didn't fully read. I don't think there is the option in the Passage guide report. I can't remember it being there In L3 either, though. I could be wrong. as far as the comparing of translations try this...

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:08 PM

Philip Spitzer:

[Actually the picture you show is the compare version option. What your probably saddened by is the absence of a side by side view. but be of good cheer, brother, it is there.

By default the compare translations window is set to auto...meaning it determines if verses are stacked or put side by side by the size of the Pane you ware working in. All you have to do is drag the pane to the bottom of your screen and make it horizontal. You can also click the icon for the pane and select "horizontal", or you can hover over a verse in a translation and click F7. Give these things a try and let me know if it answers your question.

Philip ~ You'll notice he's missing the two "A" buttons at the top right of this Text Comparison panel. Without those, it just has "Parallel Bible Versions," not "Compare Parallel BIble Versions" functionality. Not all features are available in every one of the new Logos 4 collections.   ~ Thanks, Melissa

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:12 PM

Melissa Snyder:
Philip ~ You'll notice he's missing the two "A" buttons at the top right of this Text Comparison panel. Without those, it just has "Parallel Bible Versions," not "Compare Parallel BIble Versions" functionality. Not all features are available in every one of the new Logos 4 collections.   ~ Thanks, Melissa

Gotya. Anytime you need me to help add to the confusion...please don't hesitate to ask.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS