endless sync frustration

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 226
Tim | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 30 2011 4:35 PM

Ok, I know that this is my fault at least in part. I recently had to rebuild my iMac so I bit the bullet, bought Lion, and did a clean install of lion on both my iMac and laptop. While installing logos, I made the mistake of having logos open on both machines and now I am getting an endless sync on both machines. I tried letting the sync run until complete but it either never ends or eventually (over an hour at least) gives me a sync error.

Here are my logs from the laptop, I will post logs form the iMac in a few minutes. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4760.LogosLogs 20110830-155845.gz

Posts 226
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 30 2011 4:38 PM

Here are the logs from my iMac.

5633.LogosLogs 20110830-162542.gz

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2011 10:14 PM

Tim Hankins:

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4760.LogosLogs 20110830-155845.gz

Logos4.log shows Logos 4 Mac exiting before sync download completed.

Tim Hankins:

Here are the logs from my iMac.

5633.LogosLogs 20110830-162542.gz

Logos4.log file has error near end: "Failure gracefully terminating SyncManager" plus Logos4.log has many sync conflicts with NOTES.

Wonder if modifying Notes on both Macs ?

Wonder about:

1. restarting both Mac's
  2. open Logos 4 Mac on laptop
  3. click sync arrows
  4. wait for arrows to stop spinning (optionally can check Logos4.log on laptop to verify sync complete)
  5. close Logos 4 Mac on laptop
  6. open Logos 4 Mac on iMac
  7. click sync arrows
  8. watch Logos4.log for sync manager messages

If sny error occurs on laptop, please reply with new set of diagnostic logs.

If sync error "Failure gracefully terminating SyncManager" repeats on iMac, please reply with new set of diagnostic logs.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 226
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 8:24 AM

I will try that again. I left them to run for a very long time several times, before thinking to turn on logging. After turning on logging I must admit to a certain lack of patience at facing that again. I think I have found at least some of what is going on. I noticed that one of my note files (Isaiah)  had as many of 15 duplicate entries per entry, across at least 10 entries so far that i have found. IF it is doing that across all or even only a few of my notes that could be why the sync is taking forever, as it is constantly creating and uploading new data.

I am definitely not modifying the same note file on each machine. I have always been very careful about that. I will try to have patience and let them both finish syncing (separately of course) and see what happens after that. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2011 9:05 AM

Tim Hankins:
I noticed that one of my note files (Isaiah)  had as many of 15 duplicate entries per entry, across at least 10 entries so far that i have found.

Wonder if command remove duplicate notes helpful ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 226
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 3:10 PM

I am definitely still having problems. I let the sync run for 16 hours before running out of patience (recurring theme?) and quitting the app. I was not aware that there was a remove duplicate notes command. After quitting Logos, I disabled the wireless connection, reopened logos, and ran the remove duplicate notes command. enabled the connection and told it to sync. The sync ran 7 hours before ending with errors. Here are my logs again.

This is only on my iMac, I have not even tried on the laptop yet. I am trying to get one stable platform before messing with another again. 

6840.LogosLogs 20110902-150222.gz

Thanks again for any help. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2011 9:13 PM

Tim Hankins:
The sync ran 7 hours before ending with errors. Here are my logs again.

Looks like lots of Notes (appears 19,138 distinct note files were successfully uploaded); noticed 271 conflicts uploading note files that typically uploaded successfully later (know of 1 conflict that did not upload; did not check all 271 conflicts).  Likewise noticed some note files were uploaded 2 or 3 times.  After sync upload, Logos 4 should download, however every sync download is receiving a Bad Request error from remote (Logos) server:

09/02/2011 05:01:39 |  WARN | 3 |     SyncManager | Error occurred during synchronization download - Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Synchronization.SyncClientException: Bad Request ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Synchronization.SyncClient.GetItems (DateTime dtSince, DateTime dtSinceCollaborating, IEnumerable`1 seqIgnoreSyncDates, Boolean bExcludeDeleted) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.Synchronization.SyncManager.DownloadItems (ISyncClient syncClient, ISyncManagerPreferences preferences, IEnumerable`1 seqIgnoreSyncDates, IDictionary`2 dictItemSources) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Wonder about restarting iMac, then trying sync again ?  can open Logos4.log file while Logos 4.3 is running, by default, console scrolls Logos4.log file as lines are written; hoping for sync downloads.  Possibility: Logos server is timing out while trying to sort out what to download (so sync download may receive all errors).  If sync download fails, can call or email Logos Mac Support => http://www.logos.com/about/contact with reference to this forum thread.  With Mon 5 Sep 2011 being a US holiday, not know about Logos support availability on Monday.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS