Plans for reverse interlinears for HCSB and NET Bible?

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:19 PM

Does anyone know if Logos has plans to produce Interlinears for HCSB and/or the NET Bible?

Linden

Posts 9099
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:27 PM

So far I have seen nothing said about such plans.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:37 PM

I think you'll see one for the HCSB; don't have plans yet for the NET, but our goal is to eventually have it for all of them.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 1:38 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I think you'll see one for the HCSB; don't have plans yet for the NET, but our goal is to eventually have it for all of them.

Does someone go through and manually set these up? how much of the process is automated?

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:05 PM

It's very labor intensive, but we've built specialized tools and have a lot of practice. :-)

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:23 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Does "all of them" include foreign language Bibles? I would love to see it for the CUV along with pinyin.

Tom

Posts 1605
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:27 PM

Bob Pritchett:

our goal is to eventually have it for all of them.

The Living Bible, The Message, Cotton Patch?

More seriously I wish TNIV, but that seems about as dead as the dodo bird.  You also probably really SHOULD do a RI for one of the Roman Catholic translations and some Spanish translations to expand your market.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:33 PM

Tom: Do you have an e-mail I can get back to you on? 你的汉语怎么样? Smile

Bruce

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:55 PM

BruceGay:

Tom: Do you have an e-mail I can get back to you on? 你的汉语怎么样? Smile

Bruce

I added a public email address to my profile but I'm not sure that it is showing up. Logos needs to implement PM. You can reach me at pastortom AT rocketmail dot com.

谢谢,

Tom

Posts 2724
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:40 PM

Bob Pritchett:

It's very labor intensive, but we've built specialized tools and have a lot of practice. :-)

As a big fan of HCSB I bless you!!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:02 PM

TomReynolds:

Bob Pritchett:

Does "all of them" include foreign language Bibles? I would love to see it for the CUV along with pinyin.
Tom

Yes, Bob,

When will we see foreign language Bibles in Logos 4?
I was finally directed to the Japan Bible Society's website to find Logos Japanese/Greek Interlinear Bible.
I am almost afraid to even ask about the licensing issues given the lawsuits over Japanese Bible translations.

If I attempt to scan the Logos Japanese/Geek Interlinear resource into Logos 4 will it create a bunch of problems? Can it be integrated?
Will the Version 3.0 foreign language localized user interfaces work with Version 4?

I have not done any tinkering at all. My Logos 4 downloaded, installed, indexed and is working like a top. I don't want to mess with perfection but my curiosity is beckoning.

(and HCSB Interlinear would also be nice.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1344
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:20 PM

Let's get NIV and NLT first -- looks like those are being worked on.  HCSB would be nice too.

I second Tom Reynolds' request for a CUV RevInt.  Can we have NCV (New Chinese Version) in Logos also?

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:24 PM

TomReynolds:

It's been done for Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese (I believe); we're working with partners on other languages, too. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get them into the new format.

Posts 40
Gabriel Powell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:30 PM

NIV - done

NLT - done

http://www.logos.com/upgrade

Laptop: Windows 7 Professional x64, Intel Dual-Core, 2GB RAM, Radeon X1600

Home: Vista Ultimate x86,  AMD Quad-Core, 4GB RAM, GeForce 8400 GS 512MB

Work: Windows 7 x64, Intel Dual-Core, 8GB RAM, Radeon X1300/X1550

Posts 981
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 10:46 PM

Not done Gabriel, just promised...should be done sooner than later...and all that then.

Tom

Posts 77
Adrian Frost | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:09 PM

Any French bibles being done? Louis Segond 1910 would be nice.

The other three offered in the SESB (Nouvelle Bible Segond, Français Courant & TOB) would be the cherry on the cake.

Eglise Protestante Evangélique de Libramont, Belgique - www.epelibramont.com

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:52 PM

Adrian Frost:

Any French bibles being done? Louis Segond 1910 would be nice.

The other three offered in the SESB (Nouvelle Bible Segond, Français Courant & TOB) would be the cherry on the cake.

As for the Czech language... I don't even dare to think about the interlinears Smile, I will be very happy to see regular Bibles of the modern translations (Ecumenical Bible, Czech Study Translation and Bible 21 Century Translation). Looking forward to see that happen. I am very thankful to Bob that he promised he will look at the matter.

Bohuslav

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:17 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Are you going to turn all 60,000 note in the NET around?

Sweet! Wink

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2704
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:18 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

As for the Czech language... I don't even dare to think about the interlinears Smile, I will be very happy to see regular Bibles of the modern translations (Ecumenical Bible, Czech Study Translation and Bible 21 Century Translation). Looking forward to see that happen. I am very thankful to Bob that he promised he will look at the matter.

I can see you are going to fall out with our good friend George, going on about interlinearsBig Smile

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 180
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:18 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Thanks for the update Bob.  At this point, can you say what packages (if any) would contain the HCSB interlinear when it is released?

Linden

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS