Plans for reverse interlinears for HCSB and NET Bible?

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:02 AM

Mike S.:
With the orientation of Logos, your main english bible really must be RI.

Which is why I think it's high time for Logos to prioritize doing a Catholic RI (the NRSVCE should be easy). There are plenty of Protestant RI's to choose between, but not a single Catholic one. Sad

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 415
George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:25 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Bob Pritchett:

I think you'll see one for the HCSB; don't have plans yet for the NET, but our goal is to eventually have it for all of them.

Please do get one for HCSB soon. It's been done already on other platforms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIuBwsrYq90 SaveFrom.net).

As I use it in my study, HCSB is quickly rising to the top of my favorite Bibles list but not having a Reverse Interlinear in Logos is really holding back my use of it.

Yes

Posts 1605
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:40 PM

fgh:

Mike S.:
With the orientation of Logos, your main english bible really must be RI.

Which is why I think it's high time for Logos to prioritize doing a Catholic RI (the NRSVCE should be easy). There are plenty of Protestant RI's to choose between, but not a single Catholic one. Sad

While there is a Roman Catholic edition of NRSV available in dead tree, as I understand it, the only things Roman Catholic about it are that it has been officially approved with names for imprimatur, etc. and the book order.  The text itself has not been changed.   So, yeah, it should be easy to produce, at least when the NRSV Reverse Interlinear for the expanded canon comes on line.

Personally, I am not Roman Catholic.  I refuse to admit that I am not Catholic, though... <g>  Anyway, if they want to market to them, they should use one of their main translations like NAB(and whatever alphabet soup afterwards) or NJB.  Personally I like NJB better (would like it better with the notes...), but NAB is their chief version in the United States and the logical choice.

The church historian in me would like a RI for the Vulgate.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 26 2012 5:53 PM

Kenneth McGuire:
Personally I like NJB better (would like it better with the notes...),

Yes especially with notes added.

Kenneth McGuire:
The church historian in me would like a RI for the Vulgate.

+1 Yes

Likewise looking forward to more Reverse Interlinear resources for use in Logos.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 77
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 3:57 PM

This thread has been going on for a while now... still no RI for HCSB or NET.  Throwing my vote in for the HCSB!

Warm regards,

Brian

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 12:19 AM

Smile

Hi Bob. it's been five years since you said:

Bob Pritchett:

I think you'll see one for the HCSB; don't have plans yet for the NET, but our goal is to eventually have it for all of them.

so....  my friend. Are you still allocating resources for this project? 

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 4:38 AM

I wonder when we will get HCSB RI every time I open Logos Sad

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 4:44 AM

I have the impression that the HCSB is quite parochial (i.e. an American translation used by an American audience) which limits its attraction for such treatment where you have a much bigger international readership.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 4:49 AM

What gives you that impression?

Posts 999
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 18 2014 4:59 AM

The denominational links, the scholarly input and the fact that I have never heard of anyone outside the USA using it (and of course this is where I am proved wrong)

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:54 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I think you'll see one for the HCSB

Yes

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2724
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:24 AM

I wonder if Lifeway buying WORDsearch has affected this. After all the Bible is big business these day.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS